April 24, 2024, 09:49:14 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Umbilical cords mod

Started by gri, July 24, 2011, 01:22:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Khadafi on July 25, 2011, 01:36:44 PM
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch.

Now that's something I can do, and I can attest that this is the BEST, the TASTIEST, type of apple pie. Not only that, but with all the plastification of pies these days, making a pie from scratch is a dying skill--but once you've had one, you'll swear that it's to die for. ;)
Hmph.

?????

The things you have listed have not been obsoleted.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I only meant to advise you on some difficulties.

Also, not trying to be rude, but you should start teaching yourself how to code (if you haven't already).

Also, had another idea. Instead of changing the way posts are stored, a flag could be added to the database that indicates its level. Then a style sheet could be created to utilize that value. I think this would offload quite a bit of the server load onto the client? Good idea? Y/n?
Die for Dethklok

Clara Listensprechen

July 26, 2011, 08:09:27 AM #17 Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:18:27 AM by Clara Listensprechen
Quote from: TheSequel on July 25, 2011, 11:50:56 PM
The things you have listed have not been obsoleted.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I only meant to advise you on some difficulties.

Also, not trying to be rude, but you should start teaching yourself how to code (if you haven't already).

Also, had another idea. Instead of changing the way posts are stored, a flag could be added to the database that indicates its level. Then a style sheet could be created to utilize that value. I think this would offload quite a bit of the server load onto the client? Good idea? Y/n?

Well, that's the idea I had when I suggested its own db table, but due to my lack of coding know-how didn't know how else to describe it.  And here's the observation that the screwdriver should be obsolete under your definition--just because it's an old technology regardless of how useful it is.. A person in need of a screwdriver should be able to find a screwdriver even when screwdriver technology is obsolete.

Of course I should learn coding. I have been learning coding. But learning to code now will not bring me up to the same level of experience as, say, those with long experience. That's been my beef with SMF so-called support: they're more skilled at telling you why they can't do something or why you should be convinced that you don't really need what you know you need than they are at actually doing something.  Throw in misogyny, and you've got the Wedge, which demands that one words things exactly correctly so that fragile teenboy nerves don't get frayed because if they do, you're the momma they rebelled against on SMF.  Fucking walking on eggshells over there if you're a female that comes asking for anything, as all requests are equated with demands and that's a trigger for insanity.

If being a coder myself is a prerequisite for using SMF, then the term "SMF support" is an oxymoron.  An oxymoron among morons.
Hmph.

Go Up