April 16, 2024, 12:57:15 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

Corey, you'll notice that about Tezuka books.

He uses many characters over and over, in what people call a star-system. If you become familiar with his other books, you'll begin to understand the characters.

That being said, when you open a new story, it is indeed a new story but with old friends.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

that is cool. which books would you suggest next Tyler?

Classic

It depends. The one you're reading is more of a family-friendly book. If you want to continue with that,  the Astro Boy books are good (a series of 23 books), a 2-part series called NextWorld is a good one, and of course the novel version of Metropolis which is much sillier than its movie counterpart.

BlackJack is a little more mature but still has the sci-fi theme going on. It's basically HOUSE before the show was invented.

And of course his adult books are also great, though they can often go into disturbing territory.
I just got done reading Barbara which was a very depressing book. There's also Message to Adolf which features a story of a young Japanese-Jewish Boy accepting his role as Hitler's sidekick. Swallowing the Earth is a good one too...The Book of Human Insects is one of those disturbing ones. Ode To Kirihito and Apolo's Song.

Basically there's a book to satisfy what you want. You can't go wrong.

Samus Aran

finished Joshiraku and its OVA

i liked it a lot more than nyerp did at least, but maybe my weebness helps that because i found a lot of the stuff that was overtly japanese to actually be really interesting and fun to watch, like the segments where they tour famous parts of prefectures and stuff

as a gag comedy though some gags were way overdone and some were underdeveloped and it sort of comes off as a show that would've been better handled by a different studio lol

i liked it though, 7/10

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

you're that far already, huh? just an fyi, the show's currently on an airing break and won't air again until like january 9th, so once you're caught up you'll be waiting a while like the rest of us lol

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on December 26, 2013, 05:35:50 PM
you're that far already, huh? just an fyi, the show's currently on an airing break and won't air again until like january 9th, so once you're caught up you'll be waiting a while like the rest of us lol
yeah i know that but thanks anyway
i was watching on crunchyroll
I love [you]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: CLASSIC on December 26, 2013, 04:46:32 PM
It depends. The one you're reading is more of a family-friendly book. If you want to continue with that,  the Astro Boy books are good (a series of 23 books), a 2-part series called NextWorld is a good one, and of course the novel version of Metropolis which is much sillier than its movie counterpart.

BlackJack is a little more mature but still has the sci-fi theme going on. It's basically HOUSE before the show was invented.

And of course his adult books are also great, though they can often go into disturbing territory.
I just got done reading Barbara which was a very depressing book. There's also Message to Adolf which features a story of a young Japanese-Jewish Boy accepting his role as Hitler's sidekick. Swallowing the Earth is a good one too...The Book of Human Insects is one of those disturbing ones. Ode To Kirihito and Apolo's Song.

Basically there's a book to satisfy what you want. You can't go wrong.
a friend of mine had a copy of human insects. i'll try that one out next. thanks

TooB

Snowy

I watched Saint Young Men recently.

I really like it, it was pretty good.

Snowy

Samus Aran

Nyerp

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on December 27, 2013, 06:23:00 PM
oh man Porco Rosso was great

it's fantastic how the FUCK had you not seen it before i'm so disappointed

Samus Aran

i dunno lol

i think it's my fifth favorite ghibli film, after spirited away, laputa, princess mononoke, and kiki

TooB

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on December 27, 2013, 06:47:48 PM
i dunno lol

i think it's my fifth favorite ghibli film, after spirited away, laputa, princess mononoke, and kiki
i still need to see it.

I bought yo-yo girl cop.
Same director as battle royale.....

Go Up