April 19, 2024, 08:46:15 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Totla

>taking something silvertone says seriously

i hope hs hurries up with Monogatari because it's been a long time and i don't want to have to watch commie

Samus Aran

Classic

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on November 28, 2013, 12:00:01 PM
whats that about?

QuoteWandering the packed tunnels of Shinjuku Station, famous author Yosuke Mikura makes a strange discovery: a seemingly homeless drunk woman who can quote French poetry. Her name is Barbara. He takes her home for a bath and a drink, and before long Barbara has made herself into Mikura's shadow, saving him from egotistical delusions and jealous enemies. But just as Mikura is no saint, Barbara is no benevolent guardian angel, and Mikura grows obsessed with discovering her secrets, tangling with thugs, sadists, magical curses and mythical beings - all the while wondering whether he himself is still sane.

TooB

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

TooB

TooB

Here is me watching later eps of lain....

"..........................
........what.......... the...............
........WHAT?"

Still like it though...

Hiro

I have no preference for subs or dubs really
I don't usually think dubs are all that bad and subs can be just as bad (poor translation, obnoxious voice actors that can be difficult to distinguish due to the language barrier)
so usually I'll watch dubs unless they're especially bad or if the subbed version is especially good, or of course if no dub exists i have zero problem watching subs

TooB

Quote from: H/RO on December 02, 2013, 12:34:35 AM
I have no preference for subs or dubs really
I don't usually think dubs are all that bad and subs can be just as bad (poor translation, obnoxious voice actors that can be difficult to distinguish due to the language barrier)
so usually I'll watch dubs unless they're especially bad or if the subbed version is especially good, or of course if no dub exists i have zero problem watching subs
my feelings exactly

Samus Aran

finished Lupin III: A Woman Named Mine Fujiko

it's a good series, but ultimately i have to question its existence. firstly, i'm slightly spoiling by saying this, but this series isn't actually an origin story for Fujiko like it claims to be. this has two effects: rendering her backstory in this show pointless, and making it more bearable. because when i thought it really was her origin story, i thought it was stupid.

the show is much better when it's a more episodic thing, though

but hey, it's lupin, and it looks great. it's a well-crafted show. unfortunately, while the art style is consistently awesome, a lot of times there's not actually a whole lot of fluid animation. but that tends to be the case with highly stylized shows a lot of the time so i'm not surprised there.

the show succeeds at being enjoyable to watch overall, and is well-done aside from the completely bizarre attempt at a fujiko origin story, but i wouldn't call it anything special. 7/10

oh, also i don't really like oscar. i sort of like his story and his tragedies and the way his internal strife is represented on screen but as a character in general i don't really like him and he doesn't really fit in with the lupin franchise at all, let alone as zenigata's sidekick.

TooB

Totla

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

there is not a single happy person in Oyasumi Punpun

bittersweet moments aside, this manga is pretty much continuous, overwhelming sadness. at least, after the first volume.

i knew it'd be depressing (after all, i've read Asano's work before) but damn

Go Up