April 17, 2024, 11:15:09 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

silvertone

Samus Aran

lol i was going to follow watamote and i even downloaded several episodes but for some reason i only watched the first one and just never got back to it

i will though

anyway i'm trying to watch noir again. i started this series probably six years ago, got six episodes into it and didn't finish it. this time i'll actually watch it all.

TooB

Snowy

Totla

Quote from: Snowy on September 27, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
I'm on episode 6 or 7. I like it.
right now i'm on episode 8 where [spoiler]her cousin comes to visit. she was telling the guy he shouldn't be dating the other girl because he's dating tomoko and i just couldn't. too embarrassing. [/spoiler]

so now i'm watching Suisei no Gargantia and it's pretty good i like it

Nyerp

finished attack on titan, it was a roller coaster ride but........7/10

[spoiler]love how eren whines about annie killing his survey corps friends right after throwing her into a church, killing everyone inside

and then continuing to cause mass destruction which probably killed dozens more innocent civilians

"blah blah blah we have to sacrifice everything in order to change anything" shut the fuck up armin you little blond cunt you're a mass murderer[/spoiler]

Snowy

Quote from: Totla on September 28, 2013, 03:34:31 PM
right now i'm on episode 8 where [spoiler]her cousin comes to visit. she was telling the guy he shouldn't be dating the other girl because he's dating tomoko and i just couldn't. too embarrassing. [/spoiler]

so now i'm watching Suisei no Gargantia and it's pretty good i like it
[spoiler]when her dad put her to bed after finding her with the vibrator and h-game I just hvdykmbdr[/spoiler]

6M69I69B9

I finished Haibane Renmei just a week ago- forgot to post it then.

But yeah...weirdest feelings I've ever got from an Anime...something didn't seem right to me the whole time.  I don't know why.  It's such an innocent show, too.  I didn't even like it much. 

Also, I watched it because a forty-one-year-old high school physics teacher recently did suicide and this was one of the animes he watched and one of the OST's of this anime was used in his website he edited before he did suicide- which used to be a site he recommended his students to go to when he was teaching.

It kind of went together I guess.  
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

>i didnt even like it much

get fucked, haibane renmei is a fantastic show

bluaki

I recently finished:
Railgun S
Attack on Titan
Danganronpa
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc
Free
Love Lab
Aikatsu

and I'll see the last episode of Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen in a few days

by the way I dropped watamote only a few episodes in giggle;

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on September 29, 2013, 05:59:21 PM
>i didnt even like it much

get fucked, haibane renmei is a fantastic show

u get fked.

i think you won't like my little review at all and might make you cringe or something idk but w/e

Shitload of spoilers:
[spoiler]
From my own perspective:

This show was just too...I can't describe it- but part of me just wants to say really light, innocent, naive, cheesy all around.  Which I got annoyed of all.  This shit was lacking that Suigintou flavor mang.  lame af.  

wait- this show was PANSY like fk.  there we go.  rakka's voice i fucking hate it.  

typical anime shit:
-  ALWAYS a "Ahhh~" or "Ohhhh~" every fucking time.  Like a slightly exaggerated curiosity or appeal.  I think I adopted that from watching too much anime when I was a kid because I do the same shit in-real-life once in a while.  I bet I can choose any episode- like right now I just went through a random episode, episode 4, which for the first five minutes I've watched it exemplifies what I'm saying in this point    
-  Cheesy, very light joking all around.  Reminds me of annoying anime cosplayers

actually focusing on the show itself:
*work work playful talk laughter*
-  "oh kuu...and reki...i forgot how the world isn't all that good...i want to leave wahh" - Rakka
*curiosity, small events, work etc.*
-  "so jealous of my prev. master why did she leave me im so jealous of everyone with untainted wings esp. rakka.  i will use rakka to get what i want and have planned all of my cares for rakka to prove to god i am gr8.  *anger* *jealousy* *angst* " - reki
*thoughts kuu's disappearance once in a while*
*kids, the past with the other  etc.*
-  "what's wrong with reki ohhh i wish i can help her ugh she looks like she so much in pain oh how can i help please *worrying all around*" - rakka
-  *choo choo*
-  "reki!!!!" - rakka
-  "im so glad reki passed on lol she was so pushign it. what now haha..?" - every motherfucker
-end-

The whole thing between Rakka & Reki shit was such a chore to watch, I fucking swear.  I was so annoyed of the fact that Rakka felt so bad for Kuu when they had such a superficial relationship with Kuu for the most part and everybody that was there before Rakka came were less sympathetic.  But it's not like disappearing was for the worst- anyway.  

ending was shit imo.  yeah this whole anime barely touched me at all or anything.  yeah- this anime might have more depth to it- but i don't give a fk for the most part.  the main idea was just forgiveness, acceptance, and that friends are always there to help you!!!

2/10 overall because i only liked the style of the chars- especially those elders with the masks.  and lol that's it[/spoiler]

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Nyerp

6M69I69B9

Go Up