April 19, 2024, 08:52:44 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Nyerp

bluaki

The best way ever to answer a love confession and marriage proposal, from haganai:

sena declares love for and desire to marry MC
MC pretends that he didn't hear while everyone else in the room stares at him knowing that he did
sena begins to repeat her declaration
MC suddenly grabs his bag and starts walking out the door, saying "Oh, right! I have to do something!"

Samus Aran

TooB

Quote from: Madotsuki on March 19, 2013, 03:16:28 PM
liked it, but not a lot

the key difference here is that i love kaiji and genuinely need to keep going because i need to know what happens next

with geass i didn't feel any particular desire to get to it right away

pfft.... kaiji sux. just kidding i didnt watch it obviously.

bluaki

I just watched Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's

it was quite good, like the first movie was
but I watched its TV version so long ago that I don't remember it well enough to compare them

6M69I69B9

March 23, 2013, 10:06:33 PM #1011 Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:40:33 AM by The Last MIB
so far im at episode 12 with nhk- yeah i've been pretty slow.  i liked umm...episode 5 or 6?  i forgot which one.  and...the episode when sato's mom came.  aww...

but yeah im REALLY anxious about this episode.  im only like 6min in, and they're on the boat.  what the fuck are they going to do im scared
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

okay i have to admit, nhk has been a bit shitty to me, especially the 13 and 14.  i have some personal criticisms.

those specific episodes were almost unbearable- though it's not like i'd disagree with somethings done and said, but...ugh I wish i could word my thoughts.

still going to finish it though.  at going to start 16 tomorrow.

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Just finished 'Welcome to the N.H.K.'  To be honest, there were only about eight episodes and some little chunks from other episodes that I liked and could relate to.  But other than that...I didn't like it that much. 

Though, there are a few things I'd like to discuss about this anime with someone...but too bad I don't know too many that watched it.  The first like...seven minutes or less of the last episode was really...great.  It made me cry a bit, to be honest.  I relate more to Misaki than I would ever with Sato. 

This show really could have been condensed in thirteen episodes.  It was stretched, in my opinion.

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Last MIB on March 24, 2013, 01:16:05 PM
Just finished 'Welcome to the N.H.K.'  To be honest, there were only about eight episodes and some little chunks from other episodes that I liked and could relate to.  But other than that...I didn't like it that much. 

Though, there are a few things I'd like to discuss about this anime with someone...but too bad I don't know too many that watched it.  The first like...seven minutes or less of the last episode was really...great.  It made me cry a bit, to be honest.  I relate more to Misaki than I would ever with Sato. 

This show really could have been condensed in thirteen episodes.  It was stretched, in my opinion.

how was it stretched? without basically everything that sato goes through, the conclusion wouldn't make any sense because his growth would seem too sudden.

anyway, almost everyone here who watches anime has seen this show, so yes you do know plenty of people who've seen it

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Madotsuki on March 24, 2013, 01:19:40 PM
how was it stretched? without basically everything that sato goes through, the conclusion wouldn't make any sense because his growth would seem too sudden.

anyway, almost everyone here who watches anime has seen this show, so yes you do know plenty of people who've seen it

I don't know, I just feel that it was stretched a bit.  Sure, you can say his growth would have been sudden, but I don't know- I just felt as if Misaki's appointments were gradually becoming a bit "empty" or trivial.  I felt that the Anime project game thing was just some project way, way off to the side and something made up to give the audience some sort of thing to look forward to, and the out come of that was empty as Hell.  I guess you can say I didn't feel at all like some things in the anime didn't feel like were contributing to Sato's hikikomori ways.  I mean, the main reason why he got out and working was because of his parents' problems, right?  And just beforehand, he was contemplating about whether he'd be some hikikomori for life.  Though, I liked watching when Sato's mom's debut, the offline meeting, Megumi's, Kashiwa's, and Misaki's problems being looked into, I liked it when everybody just started to "leave" abruptly, too.  It really showed that things just move on.  All of this is just from my perspective, anyway.  

Anyway, although I know people who have watched it from here...it's...just that I don't feel I know you guys enough- just not "fond" of.  Just when going into more personal shit.  God, it feels odd to type out.  And, I guess one of the things I related from Sato playing an MMORPG was that we're both pussy as shit when trying to...reach towards someone online.  

Totla

Finished season 1 of Kaiji; very much enjoyed it.
On episode 3 of Nichijou; not really enjoying it. It's highly rated on MAL so I'm sort of disappointed.

Samus Aran

Nyerp

nichijou takes some getting used to tbh. don't watch a lot of it at once.

TooB

started sakamichi no apollon last night. seems enjoyable so far.

Go Up