March 28, 2024, 12:31:01 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: feyd666 on August 17, 2012, 12:45:20 PM
i figured, but you know.....lol and everything. howd you here of it?

an acquaintance of mine who is particularly fond of the series told me to watch it

TooB

Quote from: Rumia on August 17, 2012, 12:47:20 PM
an acquaintance of mine who is particularly fond of the series told me to watch it

I just watched Sengoku Basara, the Last PArty. was pretty good, and i watched Nunnally in Wonderland.
was pretty stupid, but enjoyable.

Uolliac

i started minami-ke the other day; its pretty hilarious  n_n

Samus Aran

Minami-ke was great, I have to get around to watching the other two seasons sometime...though they're supposedly lackluster compared to the first, particularly the second one

TooB

Quote from: Uolliac on August 20, 2012, 09:43:40 AM
i started minami-ke the other day; its pretty hilarious  n_n

Hey me too!
it's a pretty Boss show srsly
I have it all dl'd, so i will watch it all.

Samus Aran

Finally got around to finishing Dennou Coil, which I started ages ago but for some reason just stopped watching it about 1/3 of the way through. I don't even know why I stopped.

It was a wonderful show. It's original, creative, beautiful to look at, all the characters are likable, and the show is at its absolute best for about the last ten episodes.

Honestly, my only major complaint is that...while the first part of the series is great, and I enjoy its laid-back nature and the Ghibli playfulness of it, there are some times when it really, idk, just sort of gets a bit dull. In particular, there are two episodes I could have more or less done without. So yeah, sometimes the pacing can be a bit weird...which may cause some people to find the last part a bit jarring because it moves a lot faster and it's not the cyberpunk slice-of-life that the show might have seemed to be for a while.

Really though, that's only enough for me to say that it maybe doesn't deserve a 10. It might honestly be pretty close to one, though. I gave it a 9.

TooB

Finished Minami-ke.

It's a "Banchou" show srsly :)
I really enjoyed it, and when i rate it, I will give it a solid 8.
The reason for an 8 and not higher is strictly because it's just another one of those shows that
has no point really, but that's any good comedy, i think. like any slice-of-life/comedy, ther's no real
story progression, so I can never bring myself to score them any higher than 8.
But i really liked it a lot, as Kaz can probably vouch for.
(i told him i was gonna wear a shirt with "I am Boss" written on it for Sacanime.)

Nyerp

i guess i can kind of look past escaflowne's many flaws and give it an 8/10 :'(

Nyerp

TooB

Has anyone seen Medaka Box? its apparently a gainax show, so if anone  knows anything, let me know

Nyerp

lol i've seen it, it sucks

you really shouldn't expect anything halfway decent from gainax anymore

TooB

Samus Aran

i watched the special ova for Another last night

it wasn't gory and stupid like the actual series but it was instead very boring and pointless and still sort of carried the same vein of incredible averageness

bluaki

Quote from: feyd666 on August 24, 2012, 07:10:01 PM
Has anyone seen Medaka Box? its apparently a gainax show, so if anone  knows anything, let me know
I'd say it was surprisingly better than expected. Not very great (nowhere near the top of the list of things I'd recommend), but it was at least worthwhile and amusing in my opinion.

Quote from: feyd666 on August 24, 2012, 07:14:56 PM
how about dusk maiden of amnesia?
It was pretty good. Maybe my second favorite series from this spring, behind Fate/Zero, but because of various things with the Fate series, I'd sooner recommend dusk maiden than it.

TooB

Go Up