April 23, 2024, 03:06:37 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: Kana Minami on July 24, 2012, 10:57:56 AM
i saw some of the first episode of the dub. the voice acting itself isn't really so bad, but the voices just don't fit the characters as well as the original. stocking's in particular sounded weird if you ask me.
Yeah, I found her voice wasn't that fitting.

Nyerp

monica rial has one of the most grating voices in modern anime dubbing and SHE KEEPS GETTING FUCKING ROLES

TooB

Quote from: Fuck on July 24, 2012, 02:40:08 PM
monica rial has one of the most grating voices in modern anime dubbing and SHE KEEPS GETTING FUCKING ROLES

I think she had some roles i liked her in (have to look at her wiki again)
but i do agree with ya srsly

6M69I69B9

Just finished both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

I love the original soundtracks of both of these Animes, but never watched them before.  So, this Summer, before I go back to school, I wanted to watch them.  And I finally did.  Both were fantastic, in my opinion.  Even if I have a list of things I'd like to criticize on both shows.   
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

good job mib, both are obligatory viewing material and are both great

though imo bebop is a lot better

TooB

Quote from: Rumia on August 01, 2012, 02:12:54 PM

agreed

TooB

just watched Sengoku Basara Last Party, and it was pretty good.
not great but worth watching

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Rumia on August 01, 2012, 02:12:54 PM

Since both of these Animes and their soundtracks have affected me in such a fucking great way, and that I want to respect the people who've made them; I bought all 3 original soundtracks of Samurai Champloo.  Discs, not by downloading.  I'm planning to buy Cowboy Bebop's albums when I have enough funds.  It's just that I find more tracks from Samurai Champloo's albums more appealing. 

Oh, and ever since you introduced Death From Above 1979, I bought all of their albums, too.  I also gave a copy of the 'You're A Woman, I'm A Machine' album to a good professor/friend of mine, because I thought he should be introduced to some "different" music.  

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

TooB

yeah i like champloos music too.
but ive always been a huge fan of bebops opening track, "Tank!"
very few animes do i watch the opening each episode, but that was one of them.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: feyd666 on August 03, 2012, 10:13:57 AM
yeah i like champloos music too.
but ive always been a huge fan of bebops opening track, "Tank!"
very few animes do i watch the opening each episode, but that was one of them.
Yessssss.

This was the same for me, too.  I mean, I did skip most of the openings on each episode.  But for this particular anime, I don't think I really got annoyed when I ended up having to watch it.  

Samus Aran

It's become a habit of mine to almost always watch the opening for everything.

Nyerp

TooB

Quote from: Rumia on August 03, 2012, 02:14:21 PM
It's become a habit of mine to almost always watch the opening for everything.

I always watch the opening and ending themes the first time and then depending on how awesome they are, i either skip the rest, or just watch them each time.
examples include, Bebops opening/ending, BAccanos opening, Elfen Lieds opening, and GUrren Laganns opening.

Samus Aran

so today i finished Mobile Suit Gundam. the original.

it definitely slowed down a bit around the middle and was a bit formulaic at times, however when it was at its best, i actually really, really enjoyed it. the main characters are great, some of the supporting ones are nothing special but in general both sides of the war are pretty well-developed for this being the first anime of its kind.

music was pretty good, opening and ending are pretty memorable ones, the sound is definitely reflective of its late 70s/early 80s era (in a good way, mostly).

and for this being as old as it is, it actually looks pretty great

if i could give decimal scores on mal, i'd give this something like a 7.6 or 7.7, soo...8 on mal.

TooB

Quote from: Rumia on August 06, 2012, 03:06:29 PM
so today i finished Mobile Suit Gundam. the original.

it definitely slowed down a bit around the middle and was a bit formulaic at times, however when it was at its best, i actually really, really enjoyed it. the main characters are great, some of the supporting ones are nothing special but in general both sides of the war are pretty well-developed for this being the first anime of its kind.

music was pretty good, opening and ending are pretty memorable ones, the sound is definitely reflective of its late 70s/early 80s era (in a good way, mostly).

and for this being as old as it is, it actually looks pretty great

if i could give decimal scores on mal, i'd give this something like a 7.6 or 7.7, soo...8 on mal.

awesome, now i should check it out

Go Up