April 18, 2024, 03:37:28 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on July 13, 2012, 09:26:36 PM
I just finished Cardcaptor Sakura. Although long (70 episodes, making it my longest single completed mal entry), it's pretty good.

I finished it in less than four days giggle;
I agree. I don't think she's ever been much like Kirino.

Again, Im not saying i didnt like kuroneko, and I agree, i do like her and the other characters more, but after a while I only cared about the guy (kyosuke?) and manami (who unfortunatly doesnt have a lot of screen time). I also still liked the show, giving it a solid 7. and the reason i say that kuro is like kirino, is because thats how i felt the show played them out.
kirino likes magical girl, and kuro likes that code geass-lookin show and they both get the exact same when one makes fun of the other, which makes their relationship quite enjoyable, but ultimately made me not care by the end, as i cared more about the main character;
wow sorry, that was long, but im just trying to get my point across, not start any kind of argument.
I respect anyone's opinion, and tyr to make them see that.
and that's my two cents

Nyerp

Samus Aran

lol john nobody here is going to be offended

no need to be so cautious

TooB

Samus Aran

just finished Howl's Moving Castle

to be honest it was one of the worse Ghibli films i've seen...mostly because the pacing is pretty bad. things just seem to happen with no build-up or anything...and the characters "develop" so fast that it feels cheap. of course, this doesn't keep it from being a fairly great film, still. it's got plenty of other things going for it. but it seems like miyazaki was too busy focusing on all the beautiful minor details and scenes instead of adapting the characters or story to their fullest lol

it's probably mostly just really popular because girls love howl and daydream about making sweet bird love to him

but it was a very enjoyable way to spend two hours regardless happydood;

TooB

Quote from: Kana Minami on July 19, 2012, 04:12:41 AM
just finished Howl's Moving Castle

to be honest it was one of the worse Ghibli films i've seen...mostly because the pacing is pretty bad. things just seem to happen with no build-up or anything...and the characters "develop" so fast that it feels cheap. of course, this doesn't keep it from being a fairly great film, still. it's got plenty of other things going for it. but it seems like miyazaki was too busy focusing on all the beautiful minor details and scenes instead of adapting the characters or story to their fullest lol

it's probably mostly just really popular because girls love howl and daydream about making sweet bird love to him

but it was a very enjoyable way to spend two hours regardless happydood;

Its probably a slightly worse film to me than you, but only because Im one of those people who
"read the book first," homie

but i still enjoyed it regardless, like any ghibli/miyazaki flick

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Kana Minami on July 19, 2012, 04:12:41 AM

don't let's

TooB

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on July 19, 2012, 06:21:14 PM
Oh, this is where that happened?

apparently.... lol
btw just finished bakemonogatari.
was really good gave it a solid 8 on MAL. look forward to nisemonogatari, even tho i herd was not as good
but regardless...

Snowy

I starting watching Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt in english.

How horrifying. awdood;

I also downloaded Nisamonogatari and I think Bakemonogatari is downloading still. I have Summer Wars to watch as well.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 23, 2012, 07:23:32 AM
I starting watching Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt in english.

How horrifying. awdood;

I also downloaded Nisamonogatari and I think Bakemonogatari is downloading still. I have Summer Wars to watch as well.

is the dub of panty and stockig pretty bad? lol
I love Summer wars. It was such a great movie, albeit a little wierd...

Nyerp

finished claymore. boring, ugly, and unremarkable. pass.

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on July 23, 2012, 01:10:38 PM
is the dub of panty and stockig pretty bad? lol
I don't know if I'd call it bad, but they changed some of the dialogue. When they kill a ghost they yell "REPENT MOTHERFUCKER".

Samus Aran

i saw some of the first episode of the dub. the voice acting itself isn't really so bad, but the voices just don't fit the characters as well as the original. stocking's in particular sounded weird if you ask me.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 24, 2012, 07:01:09 AM
I don't know if I'd call it bad, but they changed some of the dialogue. When they kill a ghost they yell "REPENT MOTHERFUCKER".

what did they used to say? i forgot....
and to kaz, isnt stocking Monica Rial? if it is, i can imagine that she would sound wierd...

Go Up