April 20, 2024, 06:31:45 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 23, 2012, 12:50:14 AM
ugh that recap episode was awful

>watching recap episodes

there is no laughing emote fitting for this

Nyerp

Quote from: Cirno on April 23, 2012, 12:55:54 AM
>watching recap episodes

there is no laughing emote fitting for this

>not sucking my cock, dude

there is no suck my cock emote fitting for this dude

Samus Aran

Nyerp

fffffffffffffff netflix only has up to episode 39 kaz where did you get it from

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 23, 2012, 09:12:11 AM
fffffffffffffff netflix only has up to episode 39 kaz where did you get it from

i got some from torrents ddls that were later dead, some from torrents that were later dead, and unfortunately had to get the rest from minitheatre. the files are a bit lower quality, but i dealt with it. but i just now checked minitheatre, and those links are gone.

:(

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Cirno on April 21, 2012, 09:30:14 PM
it has a huge impact on mustang as a character, actually...and it builds up until it eventually culminates near the very ending

as for what hughes discovered, it actually does have an impact, but ed mostly figures it out on his own

either way i can't say much more because pretty huge spoilers for much later in the series
Yeah, I'm fine... except... it's a terrible day for rain.

;_;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Haunter on April 23, 2012, 01:46:31 PM
Yeah, I'm fine... except... it's a terrible day for rain.

;_;

that line weirds me out a little bit because it's almost too poetic for a shounen series lol, to the point where it might be seen as kinda cheesy, but idk, it was pretty memorable

Nyerp

Quote from: Cirno on April 23, 2012, 02:17:04 PM
that line weirds me out a little bit because it's almost too poetic for a shounen series lol, to the point where it might be seen as kinda cheesy, but idk, it was pretty memorable

uh why do you view it as just a shounen series

"yeah i really really liked this, but it's a shounen series, so"

that's stupid

also fuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 23, 2012, 03:14:44 PM
uh why do you view it as just a shounen series

"yeah i really really liked this, but it's a shounen series, so"

that's stupid

also fuck

what? lol, i never said anything of the sort. it's not "just" a shounen series, it and the original series are both shounen but they're very good shounen series that thankfully do not conform to many of the things that makes generic shounen such a bland style.

i wouldn't have given both series such high scores if i viewed them as "just shounen," and never have i said anything that would imply that i do

goonish

i'm not even opposed to watching shounen in the first place, there are quite a few i'm even watching right now lol, no idea where you get these ideas about me

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 23, 2012, 05:03:34 PM
i found links on minitheatre you liar

oh lol, i might have been looking at the wrong release or something

Nyerp

Quote from: Cirno on April 23, 2012, 02:17:04 PM

oh also, that whole thing was handled much better and more memorably in the first series, since it involved a character who was in that show for more than 10 episodes

just saying

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 23, 2012, 05:59:18 PM
oh also, that whole thing was handled much better and more memorably in the first series, since it involved a character who was in that show for more than 10 episodes

just saying

i agree actually lol

the first series handles a couple characters better, especially tucker imo, because he was a pretty cool pseudo-antagonist later in the first series but of course in the manga and thus in brotherhood he was never like that

Nyerp

does rose even appear after the third episode in brotherhood?

let me guess: no

also this is an incredibly minor complaint but the xingese characters felt like they had been transplanted from a different show at first, they just felt so out of place

and i still don't like may chang that much but eh

AND IT STILL BOTHERS ME THAT THEY SKIPPED OVER YOKI'S INTRODUCTION EPISODE AND JUST SLAPPED HIM IN THERE LATER BECAUSE THEY EXPECTED THE AUDIENCE TO ALREADY KNOW WHO HE WAS

that's not how adaptations work :|

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 23, 2012, 06:04:41 PM
does rose even appear after the third episode in brotherhood?

let me guess: no

also this is an incredibly minor complaint but the xingese characters felt like they had been transplanted from a different show at first, they just felt so out of place

and i still don't like may chang that much but eh

AND IT STILL BOTHERS ME THAT THEY SKIPPED OVER YOKI'S INTRODUCTION EPISODE AND JUST SLAPPED HIM IN THERE LATER BECAUSE THEY EXPECTED THE AUDIENCE TO ALREADY KNOW WHO HE WAS

that's not how adaptations work :|

rose reappears much later, liore comes somewhat back into play later, not with a huge role but it's there still lol

as for the xingese characters, yeah i kind of agree that they're different, i dunno, they kinda grew on me though...well not so much the little girl, but the other ones grew on me at least

Go Up