April 18, 2024, 05:49:28 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

i'm only watching this fanservice schlock for the quick scene cuts and pretty colors akudood;

don't let's

bluaki

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on April 01, 2012, 06:53:59 PM
So I'm watching Zero no Tsukaima F
I watched the first two seasons of ZnT, but never bothered with the third, so I also didn't watch that fourth and final season when it aired just recently.

Maybe I'll watch it eventually. They're not very long series.

Nyerp

piano moths

kill them w kindness

Samus Aran

Finished Death Note this morning. Everything's already been said about this anime, so I won't say too much.

This show is at its best when it's Light vs. L. That's when the show's writing is the strongest, with the moves made by both characters wowing the viewer at every turn. Because this is a series that relies on mind tactics - there's very little physical action. So when, after the time skip, suddenly Light is making more mistakes (out of over-confidence, perhaps) and his new antagonists aren't anywhere near as thorough as L was, the show gets considerably duller.

I also have a problem with Misa, who brings unnecessary, stereotypical comedic moments into the series. Not very often, but still. I don't think it's very helpful. Most of the real humor (of which there is little) comes from some of the very over-the-top animation, if anything (the potato chip scene, and some of the most hardcore writing scenes ever).

This is a series that almost lives up to its hype, but not quite. It's still great, but it's got a legion of fans that are unwilling to admit that the show does have its flaws.

8/10

Nyerp

apparently you loved it enough to watch it literally non-stop

so

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on April 02, 2012, 12:11:16 PM
apparently you loved it enough to watch it literally non-stop

so

what are you, a stalker?

series was great, i would say that i loved certain parts of the series, but mostly i just really liked it. "love" would be an exaggeration.

the 8 is entirely accurate for my feelings

don't let's

Remember when you didn't like to watch this stuff non-stop? You're sinking deeper and deeper.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on April 02, 2012, 12:18:34 PM
Remember when you didn't like to watch this stuff non-stop? You're sinking deeper and deeper.

fine with me

Snowy

Just finished My Neighbor Totoro.

I loved every second of it, and the animation was great.

Andria

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i saw this anime in the store called first Squad is it any good?

Nyerp

nisemonogatari was a waste of a sequel to a great show

i'm platinum mad

5/10

Andria

I'm finishing up what is out of Adekan, and I highly recommend it to everyone.

http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=11914

it's hilarious

Go Up