April 19, 2024, 08:03:26 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluika on August 14, 2011, 05:18:55 PM
I actually liked FMP:TSR a bit less than the first season.
My main complaint about it is that, near the end, Sousuke temporarily turns into an annoying, useless, unmotivated, and Shinji-like character giggle;

considering his position, being taken away from the one he loves and unable to pilot the Arbalest correctly, i don't really blame him

Nyerp

i just started watching the ova "katte ni kaizou" which is basically sayonara zetsubou sensei with 75% more sex jokes

also there was a joke about rectal prolapse in a pool...so yeah gonk;

Nyerp

Andria

Samus Aran

watched the second raid specials

one was just a little teaser trailer that i should've watched before the series but oh well, nothing special but it's good for a trailer i guess because it does actually have some footage not in the series

the other was a pretty funny little ova that was probably made mostly to please all the tessa fanboys

Nyerp

I just finished Trigun. O_0

...that feel when you finish a really good show :(

Samus Aran

Finished watching Last Exile last night. At some point, I was into the show enough that I could have given it a 9. Some of the show is definitely 9-worthy. But then...that meh last episode, and now that I think of it, the first half of the show did sort of move too slow for its own good sometimes...many shows would take slow pacing as an opportunity to really let the characters grow, but Claus and Lavie aren't really the best examples of "character development" out there, I'm afraid. But they're not static or boring either. Just...the show seems to meander around in their development.

To me, the most interesting character was Dio...which is part of the reason I didn't particularly care for the last episode. Very unsatisfying conclusion to Dio's story.

Still, pretty great show overall. Very reserved art style that fits nicely with the steampunkishness, pretty great use of CG (although the "tentacles" in the last couple episodes of the show stand out far too much...the best use of CG is in the vanships, I think), a mostly intriguing plot, a particularly strong secondary cast that sort of helps make up for Lavie and Claus being nothing spectacular, good soundtrack, and lots of suspenseful action with vanships and warships, with some pretty fascinating tactical brilliance, I'd say.

8/10.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Suigintou on August 20, 2011, 05:30:10 PM
[spoiler]Finished watching Last Exile last night. At some point, I was into the show enough that I could have given it a 9. Some of the show is definitely 9-worthy. But then...that meh last episode, and now that I think of it, the first half of the show did sort of move too slow for its own good sometimes...many shows would take slow pacing as an opportunity to really let the characters grow, but Claus and Lavie aren't really the best examples of "character development" out there, I'm afraid. But they're not static or boring either. Just...the show seems to meander around in their development.

To me, the most interesting character was Dio...which is part of the reason I didn't particularly care for the last episode. Very unsatisfying conclusion to Dio's story.

Still, pretty great show overall. Very reserved art style that fits nicely with the steampunkishness, pretty great use of CG (although the "tentacles" in the last couple episodes of the show stand out far too much...the best use of CG is in the vanships, I think), a mostly intriguing plot, a particularly strong secondary cast that sort of helps make up for Lavie and Claus being nothing spectacular, good soundtrack, and lots of suspenseful action with vanships and warships, with some pretty fascinating tactical brilliance, I'd say.
[/spoiler]

To the sky
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

don't let's

Samus Aran

Andria

Nyerp

i just watched "trava", the short ova that redline is a kind of spin-off of (the two main characters of trava appear in it)

it was pretty cool, but i think it was meant to have sequels because the story was really unfinished

Commander Fuckass

[spoiler]
Quote from: Suigintou on August 20, 2011, 05:30:10 PM
Finished watching Last Exile last night. At some point, I was into the show enough that I could have given it a 9. Some of the show is definitely 9-worthy. But then...that meh last episode, and now that I think of it, the first half of the show did sort of move too slow for its own good sometimes...many shows would take slow pacing as an opportunity to really let the characters grow, but Claus and Lavie aren't really the best examples of "character development" out there, I'm afraid. But they're not static or boring either. Just...the show seems to meander around in their development.

8/10.
[/spoiler]also I liked Tatiana and Alister better than I liked Claus and Lavie
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andria

Samus Aran

Go Up