April 17, 2024, 07:43:18 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

finished all of baccano!

masterpiece. i loved the fuck out of it.

Samus Aran

finished cromartie high school

it was pretty fuckin great. one of the best comedies i've seen. it had its dull moments here and there, but mostly it was just funny all around. the dub is pretty silly, and has its own way of telling the jokes, which is a pretty big plus.

don't let's

Commander Fuckass

Im still enjoying Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

:(
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Finished Nadia. It wasn't anything way too special, but it was certainly good. At times, very entertaining actually...basically, once Jean and Nadia were on board the Nautilus more "permanently" and there was a bunch of submarine action, it actually became pretty damn cool...and then the filler episodes came in and ruined things...but once the show got back on track for the last 5 episodes, it became great again.

Overall though, again, nothing special, especially because of the irreparable damage that the filler episodes did to the series.

Breakdown:

Pros
-Genuinely intriguing story, with nothing particularly predictable
-p. intenssse submarine battles n' shit like that with lots of suspense
-For the most part, a good musical score, particularly the action tracks that have a very Eva-esque feel
-It's just plain fun, even when it's more lighthearted

Cons
-Nadia can be a totally unreasonable BITCH sometimes
-Filler episodes are mostly terrible and break the boundaries of the setting and character developments
-It's quite dated, but this might not be all that big of a deal

7/10

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Nyerp

I finally finished Dragon Ball. goonish

I have no idea why they decided to end the series with the shittiest filler arc in the whole show.

Whatever, 7/10.

That's probably the last time I'll ever watch a series of that length all the way through. myface;

Nyerp

Samus Aran

good jorb nyerp thumbup;

i watched cat soup today. i'm not sure whether to leave it as an 8 or give it a 9...because while some scenes were just awesome, other ones were a bit dull...as far as surrealism goes, that is.

silvertone

Quote from: Suigintou on August 01, 2011, 02:46:11 PM
good jorb nyerp thumbup;

i watched cat soup today. i'm not sure whether to leave it as an 8 or give it a 9...because while some scenes were just awesome, other ones were a bit dull...as far as surrealism goes, that is.
cat soup...

Nyerp

Quote from: Suigintou on August 01, 2011, 02:46:11 PM
good jorb nyerp thumbup;

i want to watch, dl link plz???

Go Up