graffix card sweating like a hooker in church

Started by Thyme, June 06, 2011, 10:43:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

June 06, 2011, 10:43:53 PM Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:26:44 PM by Thyme
i'm sure david got a kick out of that title~

before i go ahead and buy things i don't need to buy i wanted to know what you guys think about this

My current card is an integrated piece of shit. Its temperature (according to GPU-Z) is at 75°C when I start up the computer, 110°C soon after and gets to 124°C when I start playing Audiosurf. Then after two minutes or so it starts lagging. On fucking Audiosurf.

I opened up my computer tower two days ago and all the fans still work. There didn't seem to be that much dust, but of course I could buy a can of compressed air and clean them up correctly.

Or get a new card.

wat i do boyay???

Thyme

in other news

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5ifyYWHgQ&feature=related[/youtube]

holky dhit i think i'll go look a second time and actually bother to remove the heatsink+fan

Kalahari Inkantation

dust alone has caused my computer to overheat too

It would overheat and shut itself off every ten minutes or so until I opened it up and was greeted by an explosion of dust. hocuspocus;

before doing so i was worried i would have to replace parts too

in addition, your thermal paste might need replacement myface;

[spoiler]also, dat uncharted reference giggle;[/spoiler]

Thyme

Mine has shut down only once recently, and it was after firing up Photoshorp (lol go figure).

Yeah I looked up videos about reapplying thermal paste, maybe I need to do that too. But either way I'll probs need to take a look at the area between the heatsink and its fan to see if there's a bigass bunch of dust in there like in the video I posted.

thx tec that may just be it~

ME##

i did indeed enjoy it  giggle;

and i'd go in for a second round of dust checking indeed girl;

applesauce

My lappy's GPU used to get up to 116 C after about 30-45 mins of playing somewhat demanding games (JC2, L4D2) but I took it apart and cleaned the heatsinks and it is much better now. I made the mistake of brining it with me to work in a wood shop last fall and put like 3 years worth of dust in it in like 10 hours.

Thyme

so um cleaned up the heatsink/fan and applied some thermal compound

It still goes to somewhat high temperatures when playing games (93°C), but after that it cools back down to 83°C instead of staying high like it used to.

So I guess it worked, sort of. befuddlement

me003

Hey can you guys list a good program to look at what my hardware is running at?

I use computer daily and know a lot about programs on computer but I am kind of a glass sorter when it comes to maintaining a pc (laptop in my case) ....
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

applesauce

HWMonitor by CPUID is good for Temps, RPMs, and Voltages.

CPU-Z, also by CPUID is good for timings and clocks for your CPU, GPU, and RAM.

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up