April 19, 2024, 03:03:15 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite Music Player

Started by strongbad, March 19, 2011, 04:36:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: MF Doom on March 21, 2011, 08:05:07 PM
also btw why does it show two tracks on my posts for recent plays?

it's been like that for a very long time

the authorities that be don't know how to fix it

strongbad

Quote from: Thyme on March 21, 2011, 08:32:35 PM
it's been like that for a very long time

the authorities that be don't know how to fix it

How come it only happens to certain users?

Thyme

Quote from: MF Doom on March 21, 2011, 09:43:12 PM
How come it only happens to certain users?

It only does that when you're currently listening to music. When you're not it just shows the last song.

Daddy

Quote from: ZIDONE on March 21, 2011, 06:59:51 PM
Also, lack of support for FLAC and ogg and shit

Also, in my experience, 75% of the time, it crashes every time trying to play M4A files.
What crashes?

itunes supports ALAC though and it's not like you lose quality converting between flac and alac (lossless to lossless) and it supports flac with fluk (though that may be os x only).

why would iTunes crash on m4a files when that is what is sold through the itms?

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: Khadafi on March 21, 2011, 11:08:57 PM
What crashes?

itunes supports ALAC though and it's not like you lose quality converting between flac and alac (lossless to lossless) and it supports flac with fluk (though that may be os x only).

why would iTunes crash on m4a files when that is what is sold through the itms?

When I try to play music files that are .m4a (I haven't tried other formats that aren't mp3) I just get a generic "itunes.exe has stopped working" message and I have to close it. It stops happening after about 3-5 attempts, then it comes back after some time.
I do have a single iTunes-purchased album that hasn't crashed in my experience. This also didn't happen before iTunes 10.
also it only happens if I try to play an M4A file for the first time in that session; it doesn't suddenly crash in the middle of an album or a song

I don't actually use FLAC much for listening purposes, but just using foobar works for that. (and it helps further segregate the glorious lossless master race from the lossy peasants)
and fluke does look like it's only for os x

also assuming that exporting the library gives a copy of the database file, is 56 mb normal for a library of about 10000 tracks? it seems to change dramatically when i remove just a few playlists, and i have a shit ton of those

Daddy

Exporting the library gives an uncompressed xml file with xml data of every tag of every track, plus custom itunes tags and data. Playlists probably are similar

Uncompressed xml can be massive; zip or tarball the file and see how big it is.

[hedy]Zidone

It compressed to about 2.64 mb with both zip and tar.gz, 1.27 mb with 7zip.

The uncompressed one I exported 3 days before this one was about 3 mb bigger; I didn't do much besides add around 30 tracks and delete a lot of unnecessary playlists.

burzumfan420

i only listen to tapes and  vinyls cos i dont have a computer

strongbad

Just spent a couple hours customizing and organizing the shit out of foobar. This is why I love it, it's extremely simple and I can pretty much create my ideal music player. Everyone with windows should use it.

Hiro

Seriously, foobar is the best wrench;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Hey guys i just got foobar, where can i get some cool themes n shit?

strongbad

Quote from: Not Sid on June 02, 2011, 07:47:04 AM
Hey guys i just got foobar, where can i get some cool themes n shit?

You can do almost everything you want yourself, just fuck with the settings for a bit.

there are some pretty badass ones out there though, things i couldn't do.

strongbad

http://techsplurge.com/3316/15-foobar2000-skins-themes/
http://customize.org/foobar

there are also some on deviantart. However, I don't think any of these skins work with the current version of foobar. I haven't seen any skins for v.1.1.6 or whatever I have. foo flow looks pretty cool, but my rar extractor wouldn't extract it. I think it had something to do with my anti-virus.

anyways yeah.

Go Up