April 20, 2024, 07:38:36 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Inception

Started by rdl, July 25, 2010, 03:42:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

Why is there no Inception thread? Come on people.

[spoiler]I didn't like the first half, a lot of it felt like it dragged and some parts seemed like they were cut short, even still. It just was hard to make it interesting, but it wasn't bad.

Also, at the end, I'm pretty sure it was about to fall, it was shaking way too much. So, he definitely woke up.[/spoiler]

Selkie

I don't think there was a dull moment in the movie...

I think the hotel fight scene was one of the greatest scenes in movie history.

Also, [spoiler]I think the ending was done that way for the sole purpose of fucking with our minds. Also, you have to ask the question: Who was actually being 'inceptione'd'?

Remember when he was explaining how he performed inception on Mal? He took the top and made it spin in the safe, and that was the idea that was put into her mind.

Well, it seems that Christopher Nolan did the same exact thing at the end of the movie. He had the top spin, and showed it to us....maybe inception was being performed on us the whole time.[/spoiler]

rdl

July 25, 2010, 07:50:19 PM #2 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:25:52 PM by FDR
[spoiler]Nolan wants me to jump out a hotel window? :(

He convinced her by spinning it in her safe though, she didn't see it he just delved into her dream self's mind, I thought.

Also if he was still dreaming at the end (I've heard some people say that), how did he come up with being in a plane with all those people then? He wouldn't remember that.

Also, Inception in my mind? Pssh. You may be right about that, maybe Nolan was trying to make some of us believe that it wasn't real with that final shot, but...I dunno. It seemed real, making it fake wouldn't make much sense in connection with everything else that happened.

But the fact that his kids are in the same position as he remembers them being...seems...off[/spoiler]

snorkel

I baked a small cake from an ounce of vaporized marijuana remains (an ounce of weed 80-90% used) and split it between 2 other people before seeing it (not the initial plan, we ended up seeing it). So that's my disclaimer

I didn't really like it at all. It was not good enough visually to be really remarkable, I didn't think it was one of Leonardo DiCaprio's stronger performances (or anyone else), and all I remember is a bunch of fucking stupid 'reality-bending' lines and drawn out gunfights. To be fair I fell asleep a couple times and wasn't folowing anything except the basic plot arc, but I wasn't impressed by anything I saw really. the art and acting and story and score didn't flow like Nolan's previous films, I think Inception was probably not developed nearly enough.

hopefully they actually start making good movies again sometime.

YPrrrr

This is probably not a good movie to fall asleep in... you're going to miss clues and foreshadowing and background and basically essential parts of the movie. I don't remember the gunfights taking up that much time at all and the 'reality bending' only happened a few times and made sense within the course of the movie

Selkie

I would say this is probably one of the worst movies to fall asleep during...

The storyline was so complicated, if you missed some points, just for a few seconds you could become completely lost

rdl

Quote from: wziard on July 26, 2010, 12:02:08 AM
I think Inception was probably not developed nearly enough.
the plot? nolan spent 10 years on it. probably more than that.

and the gun fights were drawn out, but they weren't really your traditional gun fights. yusuf gets shot at for like the entire last half of the movie, but you're supposed to be vaguely caring about him because tons of other things are going on at the same time.

Samus Aran

I saw it today. I thought it was pretty badass. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite movies ever, but I did think it was very good.

C.Mongler

July 30, 2010, 06:59:33 PM #8 Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:59:42 AM by C Mongler
I thought it was great.

Also ending fags:
[spoiler]Its a metaphor for the questionability of reality[/spoiler]

Lex Luthor

Why am i still here?

ahshshj

Travis

just saw it. thought it was great

just1more

I finally watched it today. I'd say it is one of MY favorite movies of all time. I left the theater in a dream like state, wondering if this was really reality.

And then I came home to my fatass brother begging me for more food, and I realized it was just a movie.

megan8788

Inception is a great movie. The acting of Leonardo in the movie and the direction by Christopher Nolan is tremendous.

burzumfan420

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 30, 2010, 06:59:33 PM
I thought it was great.

Also ending fags:
[spoiler]Its a metaphor for the questionability of reality[/spoiler]
aka everything post-modern art has been saying

Go Up