Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 07:43:53 AM
1,513,563 Posts in 45,315 Topics by 1,062 Members
Latest Member: WilliamRog
Boyah Forums  |  General  |  Philosophy & Scholarly Debate  |  What are you doing with your life 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: What are you doing with your life  (Read 4634 times)
ADX
Guff is Great!
Kewn Sympathizer

Do not blame Japan. Blame you. baddood;
Offline United States Male

RDX

Quota: 0%
Doodthingocity: 10
Lüts: 143356.00

Windows 7

Firefox 48.0

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

i'll become a serial killer and hold you hostage and kill you then myself

WE WOULD GO DOWN HISTORY
wtf clucky you lied to me
steal
souper fine
I'm a Damn Retard

:|
Offline United States Female

steal

Doodthingocity: 2
Lüts: 144659.74

Mac OS X

Chrome 53.0.2785.143

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »

Next semester I'm starting classes at community college, and I've already enrolled as a full time student. I plan on getting an AA degree in psychology and then transferring to a four year school, which hopefully will happen the same time Anya is going to college (in 2 years), and, assuming we're still together, we'd go to school together. From there, I don't know quite what will happen. If things continue to be steady with Anya we might travel together and settle down somewhere and I'll open up a clinic and work as a shrink or something, but it's honestly way too early to tell.

I think I have the groundwork laid out for me to live a satisfying, successful life, but the future still freaks me out, and I've never been sure exactly where I want to end up.
lmfao at this now.

1. that relationship crashed and burned spectacularly lmao
2. actually took me 4 years to get out of community college due to lots of drugs, misery, and soul searching, and i've changed majors twice since then. but I got AAs in Psychology and liberal arts, so not all was lost. now i'm finishing up my BS in Comp. Sci. w/ hopes to stay in da bay w/ a nice stable career in the silicon valley tech world
3. I'm actually way more stoked on life rn than i had anticipated 6 years ago - i at least have a good idea of where I want to end up now and a much healthier relationship that isn't with a mentally unstable time bomb
Recent Track: Scottie Spliffin - Dikembe

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Guff is Great!
Secret Muslim

Not Sid Was Here

NotSid

Quota: 2.22%
Doodthingocity: 9
Lüts: 301009.63

Windows NT 6.3

Firefox 49.0

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 08:08:54 PM »

how is the band Steal?
Recent Track: Tonight I'll Be Staying With You - Bob Dylan

ASSHOLE
steal
souper fine
I'm a Damn Retard

:|
Offline United States Female

steal

Lüts: 144659.74

Mac OS X

Chrome 53.0.2785.143

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 02:13:30 AM »

how is the band Steal?
we're pretty quiet right now due to school n stuff, not playing a lot of shows. we have another album pretty much finished that probably won't be released for a while. the rest of the guys are going on an Asia tour w/ a fill in for me over winter cause I can't afford it, but I'm not too bent out of shape about it.

I'm so busy lately with school lately that I'm pretty close to stepping down from the band for a while tbh, it's kind of in a weird place right now. Sad
Recent Track: Scottie Spliffin - Dikembe

Socks
Boyager's SXE
Drosophila

realkafkaesque
Offline Albania Male

Socks

Doodthingocity: 8
Lüts: 58515.00

Windows 7

Chrome 53.0.2785.143

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »

(click to show/hide)

SVT
fly
Secret Muslim

Offline New Caledonia

silvertone

Quota: 0.78%
Lüts: 2069.00

Windows NT 6.3

Firefox 49.0

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 01:05:37 AM »

(click to show/hide)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj

Socks
Boyager's SXE
Drosophila

realkafkaesque
Offline Albania Male

Socks

Doodthingocity: 8
Lüts: 58515.00

Windows NT 10.0

Chrome 54.0.2840.99

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2016, 12:37:20 PM »

(click to show/hide)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj

dope shit right?

ADX
Guff is Great!
Kewn Sympathizer

RDX

Windows 7

Firefox 50.0

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2016, 01:03:49 PM »

5 years from now i'll be 22. if things go well i'll have a shit damn wikipedia page and i guess i'll be dead, i dunno. hopefully i'll have saved a couple of lives in the process, that would be a nice bonus.
i actually accomplished this (probably). neat. when i was 22 i was interviewed by the ap and the new york times, so at the very least my name is in history, it actually ended up being an interview for an important issue so most likely it will be relevant. then i was pretty involved in the relief efforts with ebola in 2014 so (hopefully) i saved at least one life. and i havent really done anything this year other than collect the residuals of the work i put in up to pretty much 2014 plus about half of 2015, so, im basically dead cause 2017s going to be a dry year because i did pretty much nothing except lie in bed this year. from january thru december. back to back disability level illnesses. so thats like being dead. and in 2016 i was 22 for half of the year.

so basically i can see the future.
antmaster5000
Secret Muslim

DwightDL
Offline Thailand Male

Strongbad007

Quota: 4.89%
Doodthingocity: -27
Lüts: 241232.83

Android

Webkit

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2016, 03:47:34 PM »

You'll get back on your feet man you're a smart dude

I'm enjoying my work in the specialty coffee biz. Decent money and it is pretty interesting for now. Will soon have a place in downtown Seattle. Am maybe slightly more successful than I thought I'd be post graduation but still not "successful" I guess. I think I'll be content with this lifestyle for a couple years at least.
Recent Track: Someone Great - LCD Soundsystem

wag more
bark less
ADX
Guff is Great!
Kewn Sympathizer

RDX

Windows 7

Firefox 50.0

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2016, 11:08:45 PM »

i just need to start over and put things back together but i have no idea what to do. feels like i lost all of the benefits of momentum and am now just another joe blow with nothing to do, no places to go or projects to work on.

2017s gonna be a tough year, even if i stay healthy, just cause i really cant expect anything to happen cause i havent done anything :\
reefer
Manager

Offline Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Female

xfollowthereaperx

Quota: 1.11%
Doodthingocity: 13
Lüts: 30787.00

Mac OS X

Safari 0.8.2

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 04:20:13 AM »

im sure glad i didn't post in this thread or i'd have egg on my face xD lol hahaah :)
me2

Video games beaten - hl2b.com
Movies seen - letterboxd.com
Books read - goodreads.com
YPargh
Aracde Champion
Manager

I like sports.
Offline Bermuda Male

Your Posting Rival

Quota: 5.67%
Doodthingocity: -104
Lüts: 105542.06

Android

Webkit

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »

I have no ideas what I want from life at the moment so my only real goals involve not being seen as a failure by my parents girl
hey I did it Doodella

Nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp. Nyerp nyerp, nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp? Nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp........nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp. Nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp. Nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp nyerp, nyerp.
Khadafi
Baphomet
Director

Solve et Coagula
Offline Male

JMV

Quota: 0.33%
Doodthingocity: 53
Lüts: 181794.01

Windows 7

Chrome 56.0.2924.87

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »

im sure glad i didn't post in this thread or i'd have egg on my face xD lol hahaah :)
me2
are you really living rn
Recent Track: Blockbuster Night Part 1 - Run the Jewels

the MIB the
7FFFFFFF7
I'm a Damn Retard

???????

Original_MIB

Quota: 1.78%
Doodthingocity: 31
Lüts: 105906.00

Windows 7

Firefox 51.0

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »

Well, I've been quiet ever since 2017 started.  I am pretty insecure about all of this...but, at the same time, I feel like I just gotta stop keeping the bottle closed off. 

(click to show/hide)

gotta eat the booty like groceries

Rin Hoshizora
School Idol
Manager

Online Japan Female

Kaz

Quota: 2.56%
Doodthingocity: -195
Lüts: 332.05

Windows NT 10.0

Chrome 56.0.2924.87

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »

Honestly, I feel that. When I was in college, it was to make my family happy and because I figured it might help me figure out what I wanted to do. Well, I graduated with a pretty useless degree and realized I didn't really want to do anything that wasn't writing. I then opted to try going for a teaching license. And discovered that I hated the classes and curriculum involved in the process, and didn't really like kids much either. I failed every class that semester out of not going to class because I was just that fucking lost and depressed. And have never gone back to school since.

I pretty quickly realized I needed a job though. So I've been working lame retail jobs since. And I've kinda come to terms with the idea of just working wherever seems the least painful, because unless I can make it writing, I'll probably never have an ideal "career."

But honestly I'm pretty ok with that. I have very small needs in life. I still have fun doing my own thing and I take it easy at work and still get paid so whatever lol
Recent Track: sister's noise - fripSide

bom bom bom CHING boom CHING CHING CHING boom      ts     ts ts ts ts BAM ts ts ts ts   ts ts ts ts ts BAM ts ts boom chicka boom chicka boom chicka SLAM SLAM
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
Boyah Forums  |  General  |  Philosophy & Scholarly Debate  |  What are you doing with your life « previous next »
    Jump to: