April 23, 2024, 04:40:53 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Say what?

Started by PuuMastaFunk, September 16, 2009, 09:33:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PuuMastaFunk

One question.

QuoteThey follow the same religion, albeit under a different interpretation. Their actions are all provided with a basis in the book. The same book that preaches "love thy neighbor" etc, teaches to kill and slaughter those who don't submit to God.

What? I've never seen anywhere in the Bible that says "KILL THE NON-BELIEVERS!!!". Maybe some people need to read the religious books a little better before they slam every single religion in the same pile.

Travis

the shortest route to the sea

The violence they're noting is nonextant...but the bible is a pretty goddamn violent read, and a good deal of the violence doesn't make sense by modern typical morality. My favorite passage, 2 Kings 2, is an example of this. But it's allegorical, so I wouldn't say it's "teaching" anyone to do this or that. There aren't many biblical literalists out there, except when they find a convenient passage that reinforces their views.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on September 16, 2009, 09:33:41 AM
One question.

What? I've never seen anywhere in the Bible that says "KILL THE NON-BELIEVERS!!!". Maybe some people need to read the religious books a little better before they slam every single religion in the same pile.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+17&version=KJV

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Maybe you should read the bible, silly man. First one clearly mentions non-believers.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Chronicles+15&version=KJV
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?version=9&search=Deuteronomy+13

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.

Figures the southern baptist would make a claim about the Bible without reading itself because LOL I WENT TO BIBLE CAMP ASK MY PASTOR

Det in F♯ Major

SHUN THE NONBELIEVER

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Classic

Silly boy.

James pointed it all out. But that's the problem with people like you. You're all talk but you don't even read the book.
It's in plain English. What are you waiting for?

Thank you James. Less work for me.  n_u

rdl

Quote from: Travis on September 16, 2009, 12:43:44 PM
you best be joking
nigger

james summed up purdy well why i aint a christian. so jmv you be a good boy and throw some quranic verses at me and i'll see if i feel like rebutting them |:

YPrrrr

Psh God's word is so 2000 years ago. Jesus' is where it's at

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on September 16, 2009, 04:35:17 PM
nigger

james summed up purdy well why i aint a christian. so jmv you be a good boy and throw some quranic verses at me and i'll see if i feel like rebutting them |:
If you feel like paying for it I'd gladly take an english copy of the quran to do so.

rdl

Quote from: JMV on September 16, 2009, 05:42:35 PM
If you feel like paying for it I'd gladly take an english copy of the quran to do so.

oh i thought you just googled stuff. my bad.

Daddy

speaking of which i need a new bible i lost mine because it fell apart

Himu

I always laugh at the passage where God kills children because they made fun of Elisha's bald head.

23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

I know it's kind of irrelevant I just wanted to share that ;)

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Cyanide on September 16, 2009, 09:49:06 PM
I always laugh at the passage where God kills children because they made fun of Elisha's bald head.

23And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

I know it's kind of irrelevant I just wanted to share that ;)

2 Kings 2: 23-24, my favorite verse.  :3

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: JMV on September 16, 2009, 02:09:11 PM
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+17&version=KJV

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Maybe you should read the bible, silly man. First one clearly mentions non-believers.

You're forgetting one thing. That's talking to the people of Isreal. These were people who believed in God, but then had forsaken God by worshiping false idols, like Baal, when Moses had brought them from the hands of the Egyptians. Israel's people constantly forsook God by worshiping something else, even though they were God's chosen people.

Quotehttp://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Chronicles+15&version=KJV
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Again, Israelites. They were forsaking God, like they always do. God kept saving them and helping them, and they kept turning away from him.

Quotehttp://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?version=9&search=Deuteronomy+13

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.

That said nothing about non-believers. That's talking about being enticed to stop believing in God.

Also, just to add, that these rules no longer apply to us. That was worked out a long time ago.

QuoteFigures the southern baptist would make a claim about the Bible without reading itself because LOL I WENT TO BIBLE CAMP ASK MY PASTOR

I'm not "Southern Baptist". I'm a southerner and a Baptist, but that's about it. And I didn't ask my pastor for this. I read it myself.

Daddy

September 22, 2009, 09:39:30 AM #14 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:37:20 AM by JMV
Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on September 22, 2009, 09:12:07 AM
You're forgetting one thing. That's talking to the people of Isreal. These were people who believed in God, but then had forsaken God by worshiping false idols, like Baal, when Moses had brought them from the hands of the Egyptians. Israel's people constantly forsook God by worshiping something else, even though they were God's chosen people.
Once again, your interpretation

QuoteAgain, Israelites. They were forsaking God, like they always do. God kept saving them and helping them, and they kept turning away from him.
And he wanted them to be killed.

QuoteThat said nothing about non-believers. That's talking about being enticed to stop believing in God.
Did you read this?

QuoteAlso, just to add, that these rules no longer apply to us. That was worked out a long time ago.
lol
1. You asked where the Bible said it. I provided several places it says it.
2. Once again, your interpretation
I'm not "Southern Baptist". I'm a southerner and a Baptist, but that's about it. And I didn't ask my pastor for this. I read it myself.
You read it wrong. baddood;

edit: furthermore, by your logic aren't the 10 commandments and "lol no being gay" also talking to the people of Israel? Or is your magical metaphor/context meter creating more links?

Go Up