September 12, 2024, 05:26:03 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Great Dalmuti: Fuck Yeah

Started by the shortest route to the sea, August 13, 2009, 07:04:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

A discontinued game by WOTC, dangling modifier I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME. It's like Asshole or President or Shithead or whatever you call it backwards, with a specialty deck of 80 cards. There are 12 twelves, 11 elevens...7 sevens (venetian snares ep lol)....2 twos, 1 one, and two jesters. Each person is dealt the whole deck. The goal is to get rid of all your cards! You play by putting down a certain number of one type of card (5 twelves, 2 eights, etc.), and others may play the same number of cards, but of a type lower than the last play. So 4 twelves can be played on with 4 tens, then 4 nines, and then 3 sixes and a jester (which is a wild card). Four play at least, and there are five ranks: great dalmuti (winner of last round), lesser dal. (2nd place), any merchants (3rd-on), lesser peon (2nd to last), greater peon (last). The peons give up taxation to the dalmutis of their lowest card (1 for lesser, 2 for greater (unless someone gets two jesters, and then taxation is cancelled) )....and that's it! Quick and simple and fun for all.

I played this a lot in Maine, and I'm very good at it. I had a few rounds where I'd get dalmuti and go out before people had played any cards. It's a matter of luck and skill, how to get the lead and anticipate other's plays. I have a lot of good intuition about it.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Traditionally any threads about card games have been in the Lobby, and more people check that board anyway, so I'll do you a favor and put it there. We tend not to distinguish card games as something that really needs to be in Arts anyway.

mod powers go hocuspocus;

and now i accidentally moved it to announcements

mod powers try again hocuspocus;

Hiro

I have no idea what you just said other than it's a card game goonish

the shortest route to the sea

Come on you guys, it's badass! It's badass cards!

See?

Badass.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

l a c e y

Go Up