April 16, 2024, 12:43:46 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Your legitimate Plans for the future?

Started by Title, July 29, 2009, 10:06:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title

I don't think I have the work ethic for an ivy league school, so I plan on graduating High School with something like a 3.7 GPA (more like 3.5 unweighted), going to McGill or University of Toronto. Whilst there I plan on majoring in Translation (Spanish to English) while minoring in German. And then going to get my masters in Translation. Once I'm done with that, I'll put my name out as a private translator whilst applying to several government agencies (CIA, FBI) and the UN. In any case I plan on living in New York and hopefully I get hired by the UN because they're HQed in Manhattan.

All as planned, what are your plans for life?

Travis

Title

Quote from: Trav on July 29, 2009, 10:14:59 PM
Fail spectacularly
You could be more specific. Like, what in particular you plan on failing at.

Samus Aran

My legitimate plans, the only ones that I know for sure are supposed to happen...graduate from BSU with a BFA in creative and professional writing, move to Texas, start on my life together with Hensa.

The unknowns are all what happen once I'm in Texas. I don't even know if we're going to stay there for very long after she's done with school there. I'll still be writing, yeah, but I have no idea how much of a "career" in writing I'll have by that point. Not sure what job I'll be working.

Travis

Quote from: Title on July 29, 2009, 10:20:34 PM
You could be more specific. Like, what in particular you plan on failing at.
Well my grades fail and i'm probably gonna fail horribly in college which will pretty much suck for my life so yeah

sans culottes

I'll finish high school, first. We do a five-point scale and I'm hoping to get around a 4.0 out of 5. I'll go to the University of Texas in Austin and have a kickass four years of college. I'm gonna study to be a teacher. Then I'll move to New York City (my favorite city in the world), live in Greenwich Village, and teach history or something. My dad runs a small company he might be selling soon, though, and I'm likely to inherit about a million from that. If I do, I'll put that million in a bank so it grows and take what I need for a year. I'll work a couple days a week as a substitute teacher.

I'm taking an easy way out, I know, but I don't concern money as long as I can get by living and enjoy life. I'll use my spare time to do whatever I want - make a movie? Make music? Write a book? - something like that.

Although, I'll be in the same situation as a lot of trust fund hipster kiddies, and that will make me feel really guilty.
I support BUSH

Paul

I plan to succeed in life, I'm going to go to college for some years and achieve a Civil Degree. Then I plan to make a career off engineering and designing.

[REDACTED]

Quote from: Title on July 29, 2009, 10:06:22 PM
I don't think I have the work ethic for an ivy league school, so I plan on graduating High School with something like a 3.7 GPA (more like 3.5 unweighted), going to McGill or University of Toronto. Whilst there I plan on majoring in Translation (Spanish to English) while minoring in German. And then going to get my masters in Translation. Once I'm done with that, I'll put my name out as a private translator whilst applying to several government agencies (CIA, FBI) and the UN. In any case I plan on living in New York and hopefully I get hired by the UN because they're HQed in Manhattan.

All as planned, what are your plans for life?

Isn't that the Asian capital of the world?
Anyway, I'm going to graduate this semester from high school, enter college for two semesters, and transfer somewhere else in the United States so I can continue to receive my father's GI Bill benefits.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

edna:(

I got accepted by UCLA so I'm going there. I have no idea what I'm majoring in. Right now I'm working and saving as much as I could so I don't have to borrow as much loans. I want to have kids before my 30s

Selkie

I'm going off to a decent college now for English Education. After 4 years of that I will probably stay local and try to get a job as a teacher somewhere nearby. Probably working on getting my masters degree at the same time.

Once I have enough cash saved up and have my masters, I'm going to move out west. Either Southern California or Arizona or Utah. Somewhere in that general area.

bluaki

I'm not sure about it at all :(

As a future career, I would prefer something involving computer programming, but sometimes I feel like something like that may be out of my league. And even then, that's a very broad idea of career. I suck at it now but I guess I shouldn't hate myself for it since I'm sorta young and have had no education on the subject yet.

I've made crappy class choices and made a few really bad grades in my first half of high school. With a GPA of like 3.0~3.2ish currently, I plan on doing better and hopefully raising that closer to 4 weighted in the next two years.

My family isn't that great financially so I'll have to depend heavily on scholarships (which luckily are rather easy to get in Florida) for tuition. I'll probably go to a local college. University of South Florida is a likely choice for that, being in the same city as me.

I'm sure in the belief that I won't want to raise children. I have no idea now if or when I'll have any trans stuff done.

I really have no idea how easy or hard achieving anything will be. Sometimes I feel like I'm hoping for too much and other times I feel like I'm too pessimistic and worry too much.

Andria

In the immediate future I plan on going to community college for 2 years then transferring into UVA or VCU to finish. I am planning on majoring in Biology but am not completely 100% sure which branch I want yet. Its going to be either microbiology with focus on virology or zoology. Then once I complete college and go to graduate school I am gonna hopefully work for the CDC/WHO or do research and junk to save animals in the wild and such.

Afterwards I have no idea what I want. My career choice would kinda make it hard to support a family for the main reason I would be moving around a lot and traveling constantly putting myself in some pretty dangerous situations.

Chris (JayJay)

Let's see, going to try out accounting at Newbury College though I'm still unsure if that's what I really want to do. I'm going to actually try at college since basically in high school I just halfassed things and beginning of senior year I tried and got Bs.. um, I really want to get into martial arts, tried out two classes with my gf and I enjoyed it. Try to maintain my current relationship with my gf.

Smell Memory

There's this faggot that wants me to come with him to start our brand new lives! Though I'm not sure if it's a good idea or something.

I'll probably go to community college and get a job as a radiologist and earn a decent income with that and then transfer out with monies and go to some college. 
Felt: because politics are for fools y/n
Felt: goldfrapp controls everything.

Go Up