Got a new phone and have a few questions

Started by strongbad, July 12, 2009, 12:35:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Okay so I got a tmobile dash running windows mobile 5 or something.
1. The phone came with a USB cable and charges through my comp. I have a wall charger for my zune that I plug my zune's USB in. Will the same ac USB adapter work for my phone?
2. I can use my phone to connect to wifi. My plan doesn't allow use of the Internet. If I can connect to wifi, can I use the Internet and msn without being charged?

Thx fellows

ME##

If it's the same type of USB connector, it should work.  And really, WM 5?  huhdoodame;

And of course, the plan just bars you from using T-Mobile's infrastructure to get online.

strongbad

Yeah wm5. How do I go about upgrading?

So I can go online if I'm on wifi? Awesome.

Hiro

David's wrong, it will connect, but it will charge you a shitload for the data

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on July 12, 2009, 04:29:33 AM
Uh, no. doodhuh;

When using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet you are not using any of their data at all. It'd be like the electric company charging me to run my laptop off its battery.

Just turn off 3G/Edge/WhateverElseTMobileUsesForData to avoid accidentally using them and continue using Wi-fi.

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on July 12, 2009, 04:29:33 AM

My name is David as well.
madood;

Hiro

I know david sillydood;    Oh but yeah if It's wifi then you're fine, i read it as just connecting without wifi for some reason

strongbad

July 12, 2009, 04:01:51 PM #7 Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:31:52 PM by Henry Hatsworth
Wait is there a way to update to the lastest version of Windows Mobile or am I stuck with 5?

ME##

strongbad

July 12, 2009, 05:21:26 PM #9 Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:42:47 AM by Henry Hatsworth
Quote from: Canard Diapason Funambule on July 12, 2009, 04:11:15 PM
http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade/

Thanks. I probably should have been able to find that myself :(

EDIT:
So according to T-mobile, the software version for WM 6 is 1.22.531.4.. On my phone it is 1.27.405.

So does this mean that I'm on the lastest update? I think that the guy I bought it from had the latest HTC OS running on it or something. Idk. I'm so confused ;-;

EDIT:
Nvm i got it

Go Up