April 16, 2024, 01:03:13 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Iran

Started by j o e i n c, June 19, 2009, 06:36:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

Quote from: Slim on June 21, 2009, 12:40:43 AM
So you openly admit that you're uneducated on the matter, and yet still feel compelled to offer an opinion? What a strange fellow you are.
It's to provoke a response.

If I merely said "Oh the Iran election? I don't know too much about that" I would've been ignored and I would've remained clueless.

QuoteOn June 19, the United States House of Representatives voted 405-to-1 in support of a resolution supporting "all Iranians who embrace the values of freedom, human rights, civil liberties and the rule of law" and condemning "ongoing violence against demonstrators."[166]

Oh boy, that statement is going to do so much.

Slim

Quote from: RDX on June 21, 2009, 09:25:26 PM
It's to provoke a response.

If I merely said "Oh the Iran election? I don't know too much about that" I would've been ignored and I would've remained clueless.

You know, there's a whole vast land of the Interwebs out there. The information isn't beyond your reach.

QuoteOh boy, that statement is going to do so much.

It's going to make our congressmen feel good about themselves, and in the end, that's all that really matters.
THE POWER OF GOD
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

sans culottes

Support from the U.S. government won't help one bit. Now Khameini can label reformers as pawns of the evil Americans. Sure, our words might encourage Iranians, but words don't hurt Ahmaminimejad.
I support BUSH

rdl

And now...videos of protesters being beaten are being advertised in a big attention grabbing tab at the top of the Youtube homepage?

What does showing us a girl being beaten by cops teach anyway? I thought most Americans don't like Iran in the first place because we're told that they're bad sand niggers. Isn't this kind of just beating a dead horse?

Go Up