April 24, 2024, 08:32:59 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

LeVeyan Satanism. Your thoughts?

Started by CruelPleasure, June 18, 2009, 08:04:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on July 30, 2009, 11:11:25 AM
Because it's a social reaction against organized religion's focus on the higher power as something greater than the human spirit. While in most monotheistic religions everything is at the grace of god, who is greater than human beings, it is the exact opposite in (LeVayan) Satanism. In Satanism the induvidual is the most important, and the induvidual should not be bound by unjust laws. Two Satanist induviduals should not overtly conflict with each other, as they are both in harmony with themselves and thus there is no conflict to be had. The use of Satan is a social tool to reject the "top-down", God's greater than you idea, and to reverse it to a "bottom-up", you're greater than everything idea. The same thing with the ritual. It's only meant to draw out what makes us human.

To put it simply, Satanism is Satan-ism because Satan represents an anti-religious approach to religion.
Extremely well put. I really respect you for the way you put it.

the shortest route to the sea

August 13, 2009, 06:41:19 PM #16 Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:57:36 PM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
Quote from: Colonel Sanders on August 07, 2009, 02:15:00 AM
Extremely well put. I really respect you for the way you put it.

Thank you, dearie!

All dogma aside, the book is a fun read. Especially when it's thrown at you during a punk show.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Oh

People who are self centered and don't want to share anything with anyone? Sounds like a republican to me.  baddood;

Go Up