April 16, 2024, 12:58:32 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Song Bird - No more shitty iTunes

Started by reeper, June 11, 2009, 10:17:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 21, 2016, 06:57:33 AM
i still use itunes in 2016 AMA
does it  run fine on ur windows comp? it didn't on my old crapbox

C.Mongler

i guess? it's a little slow at indexing shit sometimes, but i also have like 200 GB of music so i cut the ole' gal some slack

never really like crashes or hogs memory or anything though naw

don't let's

silvertone

don't let's

April 21, 2016, 07:40:03 AM #49 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:43:54 AM by ­??????????­
Quote from: SVT on April 21, 2016, 02:58:34 AM
i used music bee for a bit, but i didnt like the UI and switched back to wmp.

i wish i could get the pre-genius Itunes because that was the perfect music player back when i had a mac. now it's all garbagio
I actually don't mind wmp, and I liked it's UI. And I'd probably still be using it but I switched over to media monkey for a while so I could rip in flac and for some of the auto tagging options.

Then I got into musicbee more recently and I like the now playing tab setup where it can have the cover art (or whatever), and the lyrics, and the track list displayed. And its pretty small download size.

And I don't really care about customization in music players too much and most skins look like trash.

C.Mongler

silvertone

Quote from: ­Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...Ì...­ on April 21, 2016, 07:40:03 AM
Quote from: SVT on April 21, 2016, 02:58:34 AM
i used music bee for a bit, but i didnt like the UI and switched back to wmp.

i wish i could get the pre-genius Itunes because that was the perfect music player back when i had a mac. now it's all garbagio
I actually don't mind wmp, and I liked it's UI. And I'd probably still be using it but I switched over to media monkey for a while so I could rip in flac and for some of the auto tagging options.

Then I got into musicbee more recently and I like the now playing tab setup where it can have the cover art (or whatever), and the lyrics, and the track list displayed. And its pretty small download size.

And I don't really care about customization in music players too much and most skins look like trash.
  i like the bloated simpleness of wmp, honestly my only complaints i have w/ wmp is it has no 'recently added" playlist or flac support.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

strongbad

i loved foobar when i used windows but it could be a pain to configure sometimes

however whenever it was configured perfectly it was amazing

reeper

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on April 24, 2016, 09:57:36 PM
foobar is oogly

there are some beautiful foobar builds ive seen but ive never gotten any to work or gotten it to look nearly as pretty as others have ;-;

squirrelfriend

is there a lightweight spotify client because i use spotify pretty much

don't let's

I've just been using the web player for spotify. Even though the ui is wonky in places. But adblock filters out all the ads.

Daddy

Quote from: antmaster5000 on April 24, 2016, 10:49:49 PM
Quote from: reefer on April 24, 2016, 09:57:36 PM
foobar is oogly

there are some beautiful foobar builds ive seen but ive never gotten any to work or gotten it to look nearly as pretty as others have ;-;
Yeah What.cd has a "Share your foobar config" thread where people just post screencaps but SHARE NOTHING

I have some foobar theme that im getting kind of tired of and it kind of sucks for Chinese + korean text so i wanna switch it up but can't find anythign as nice looking

I usually just use Subsonic (Madsonic fork really) since that works just as well

strongbad

i've tried to get some themes to work that i've found on google and i download and install the components (i think that's how it worked- it's been a minute) and it just never works how it should

maybe i need more patience

Go Up