Without God where would we get our morals?!?!?!?!

Started by Daddy, May 25, 2009, 06:47:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zach

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on May 29, 2009, 08:22:09 AM
Simply, I'm "moral" because I choose to be, not because God said I should be.

But if there is no God (and I know that you're religious, so this is just rhetorical), why should you choose to be moral? If existence is pointless, then why not fuck all the bitches you want and lie and cheat and steal? It doesn't matter; you're just going to be maggot food when you die anyway.

j o e i n c

Quote from: Zach on May 31, 2009, 02:32:07 AM
But if there is no God (and I know that you're religious, so this is just rhetorical), why should you choose to be moral? If existence is pointless, then why not fuck all the bitches you want and lie and cheat and steal? It doesn't matter; you're just going to be maggot food when you die anyway.
for the existence and harmony of our children and the future generations of the human race

l a c e y

I think God gives everyone morals or a higher power whatever you believe in. If you don't believe in God whatever, he still have you morals weather you believe it or not.. But probably something to do with nurture vs. nature whatever that whole situation is has something to do with it..

just1more

Quote from: laylay on May 31, 2009, 07:09:38 PM
I think God gives everyone morals or a higher power whatever you believe in. If you don't believe in God whatever, he still have you morals weather you believe it or not.. But probably something to do with nurture vs. nature whatever that whole situation is has something to do with it..

That's because you are a dumb bitch. Morals are human conceived. Humans make morals, not God.

Yes, it does have a little bit to do with nature vs. nurture. Or rather, its both. Nature as in genetics, since some people are born without morals or values. Then there's the nurture part, where their childhood was so fucked up that they lost some or all of their morals, or they got twisted. But morals are merely a human label, as I said. It is the norm.

500 years ago, it was commonplace for people to get married at age 13, sometimes even younger. Our morals and norms have changed since then indirectly due to advances in medicine and society. Did God just suddenly say, "Hey, fuck that, people should marry and have children when they're older." NO. People did.

Daddy

Quote from: Joe on May 31, 2009, 07:16:13 PM
500 years ago, it was commonplace for people to get married at age 13, sometimes even younger. Our morals and norms have changed since then indirectly due to advances in medicine and society. Did God just suddenly say, "Hey, fuck that, people should marry and have children when they're older." NO. People did.
objection!

Life expectancy was lower 500 years ago. medieval britain's life expectancy was 20-30 years.

You had to marry at 13 and have kids young.

just1more

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 31, 2009, 07:22:01 PM
objection!

Life expectancy was lower 500 years ago. medieval britain's life expectancy was 20-30 years.

That's pretty much where I was going with the whole advances in medicine and society part.

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Zach on May 31, 2009, 02:32:07 AM

Well, I don't know. There are two possible answers. Either I would still be moral because I want to be, or I would, as you so bluntly put it, fuck all the bitches I want.

l a c e y

Quote from: Joe on May 31, 2009, 07:16:13 PM
That's because you are a dumb bitch. Morals are human conceived. Humans make morals, not God.

Yes, it does have a little bit to do with nature vs. nurture. Or rather, its both. Nature as in genetics, since some people are born without morals or values. Then there's the nurture part, where their childhood was so fucked up that they lost some or all of their morals, or they got twisted. But morals are merely a human label, as I said. It is the norm.

I know what nature vs. nurture is and I know the explanation of it thanks.
BUT God made people, therefore God made people make morals.

Dullahan

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 31, 2009, 07:22:01 PM
objection!

Seriously? I thought it was headed toward the 30-40 year level.

Slim

Quote from: Velcro on June 01, 2009, 01:52:50 PM
Seriously? I thought it was headed toward the 30-40 year level.

That's what it was for a member of the upper classes, maybe. However, for a majority of people, it would have been what JMV said.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Slim on June 01, 2009, 01:58:30 PM
That's what it was for a member of the upper classes, maybe. However, for a majority of people, it would have been what JMV said.

Because of the lack of medical attention (which has been mentioned), and the a total disregard for cleanliness. That wouldn't really come into play until the Plague.

Go Up