And this is partially why I view religion as a bad thing

Started by Daddy, May 18, 2009, 01:55:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylark

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"
the book of right on

Slim

"I like your Gandhi. I do not like the ones who quote him. The ones who quote him are so unlike your Gandhi."
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

rdl

I could've sworn that was from a movie or something, not gandhi doodthing;

Slim

Quote from: RDX on May 27, 2009, 08:11:46 PM

You're an idiot.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Lex Luthor

Why am i still here?

rdl

Thanks to that Jaleel bastard, I had to go and quote your post. After I posted it.
Quote from: Slim on May 27, 2009, 08:18:19 PM
You're an idiot.
I totally didn't expect that bassir;

Houdini

i feel like religion is irrelevant to this discussion - unstable people will preach hate no matter what - it doesn't matter if they are religious or not - they will still feel prejudice toward some group of human beings

Zach

Quote from: RDX on May 27, 2009, 08:11:46 PM

Nope. It's a Ghandi quote. He actually was interested in becoming a Christian until he wasn't allowed to enter a church he went to.

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Zach on May 27, 2009, 11:45:45 PM
Nope. It's a Ghandi quote. He actually was interested in becoming a Christian until he wasn't allowed to enter a church he went to.

It's a very good point, too.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 20, 2009, 12:30:50 PM
Believing you are eating transmutated flesh and blood makes you a believer if done in a church.  Done elsewhere and you will get a nice prescription of Seroquel.
It's a mass delusion.

No, it's symbolizing the last supper. Most of those wacky Christians don't actually believe their eating Jesus.
If you saw a guy claiming to have the ability to talk to God tomorrow would you believe him? What makes Jesus, Moses, Noah, etc any more credible?

The Bible.
Although I know that wont mean much to an Atheist pig dog like yourself.  baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on May 29, 2009, 08:42:31 AM
No, it's symbolizing the last supper. Most of those wacky Christians don't actually believe their eating Jesus.
they're* and uh I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church teaches it as the literal blood and flesh.

QuoteThe Bible.
Although I know that wont mean much to an Atheist pig dog like yourself.  baddood;
which the books weren't canonized for hundreds of years after jesus.

Bolivian Army

May 29, 2009, 08:54:19 AM #26 Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:13:39 AM by Bolivian Army
Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 29, 2009, 08:45:12 AM
they're* and uh I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church teaches it as the literal blood and flesh.

enough with the Catholics already. besides transubstantiation is a debated point within the church and you're just pointing out one side of it to make everyone look like a nutjob

only half of us are thank you very much   baddood;
which the books weren't canonized for hundreds of years after jesus.

i thought we were talking about today

i mean, at the time i think people weren't calling them crazy because of the parting of the red sea and crapload of fish and bread and the huge boat when the water is getting higher and whatnot

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on May 29, 2009, 08:54:19 AM
enough with the Catholics already. besides transubstantiation is a debated point within the church and you're just pointing out one side of it to make everyone look like a nutjob

only half of us are thank you very much   baddood;
they still believe it

i thought we were talking about today
the point there was why do you believe that the people in the bible had the same silly abilities that crazies claim to have now. the bible might say it but it wasn't completed for a long time after they died.

it's like me writing a book on nostradamus and claiming he was a prophet too, he's been dead a few hundred years

Quotei mean, at the time i think people weren't calling them crazy because of the parting of the red sea and crapload of fish and bread and the huge boat when the water is getting higher and whatnot
those didn't happen

Bolivian Army

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on May 29, 2009, 09:23:10 AM
they still believe it

some of them do yes but the point im trying to throw down here is that you cant put every christian in a corner, point out the silly ones and label them all idiots
the point there was why do you believe that the people in the bible had the same silly abilities that crazies claim to have now. the bible might say it but it wasn't completed for a long time after they died.

not in Moses case. yes the bible wasn't completed but his story was 

those didn't happen

good point, im going to counter with "yes they did" and see how that plays out

im sure nothing bad will happen

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on May 29, 2009, 09:41:20 AM
some of them do yes but the point im trying to throw down here is that you cant put every christian in a corner, point out the silly ones and label them all idiots
uh the point was that religion itself is silly and they hold the same views as crazies.

Quotenot in Moses case. yes the bible wasn't completed but his story was 
was that written as he supposedly did it or hundreds of years later

good point, im going to counter with "yes they did" and see how that plays out

im sure nothing bad will happen
so did beowulf it's an old poem and it happened

Go Up