April 16, 2024, 01:37:01 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Help me with my retarded Zune software

Started by strongbad, March 29, 2009, 01:36:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

A couple months ago, my Zune froze up, so I had to send it in for a new one. No big deal. I got the new Zune a few weeks later, and everything seemed fine. I plugged it into my computer, and uploaded everything that I had on my old Zune. I turned it on, and for some reason, Muse, Radiohead, and a few other bands were missing from my library. This was a pretty big deal, since Muse and Radiohead were two of my favorite bands at the time. I just overlooked it, and listened to other artists, and assumed that they would sync the next time I plugged my Zune in.

So about a week ago, I go to plug my Zune in again, and I have the same problem. I get a "missing file" message on the sync screen, and it shows about 200 songs that aren't being synced. In the Zune library, all the files are there, and I can listen to them, which means that they haven't been deleted. I also check my external harddrive, which is where all my music is coming from, and they aren't there either.

I'm considering deleting all the artists that are having problems, and then re-downloading them to see if that works, but I don't feel like dong that before seeing if anybody else has had a similar problem and knows a potential fix.
Thanks boyah  doodthing;

Hiro

Yeah just remove them from the Zune software and re scan for them

strongbad

Yeah that's what zunescene told me.
Ugh this is so gay. I wouldn't be complaining if the transfer rate wasn't so damn slow.

Hiro

Quote from: David on March 30, 2009, 05:17:15 PM
Yeah that's what zunescene told me.
Ugh this is so gay. I wouldn't be complaining if the transfer rate wasn't so damn slow.
Um, you're not deleting them from your computer and downloading them again baddood;

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on March 30, 2009, 06:35:58 PM
Um, you're not deleting them from your computer and downloading them again baddood;

I know. It takes about an hour to transfer a gig to my external, and slows down my computer horribly in the process.

Hiro

Why are you transferring anything from am external hard drive

Go Up