Question aimed more towards Christians lol

Started by Daddy, March 17, 2009, 06:36:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

EVOLUTION AND THE STORY OF CREATION

I believe that we were created by God 6000 years ago like The Bible says.
1 (3.7%)
I believe we were created by God more than 6000 years ago.
0 (0%)
I believe that God created the world 6000 years ago and we evolved from there
2 (7.4%)
I believe we evolved a long time ago but God created the world.
4 (14.8%)
I don't believe in God and I believe we evolved
16 (59.3%)
I don't believe in God but I also don't think we evolved.
0 (0%)
I believe something other than these options and will post about it.
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Go Down

Socks

Even in the Bible there are seemingly two creation stories. Either this "god" is very incompetent or those ancient authors made a mistake.

Daddy

Quote from: Socks on March 18, 2009, 08:31:23 PM
Even in the Bible there are seemingly two creation stories. Either this "god" is very incompetent or those ancient authors made a mistake.
The Bible is the infallible word of the Lord. DIE HOMOS akudood; akudood;

Himu

Even when I was a Christian, I thought that 6000 years thing was bullshit. baddood;

YPrrrr

I never even learned the 6000 years thing and I went to Catholic school lol

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 09:12:57 PM
I never even learned the 6000 years thing and I went to Catholic school lol
Well Ussher wasn't a Catholic lol.

He basically just took shit from using Jesus' ancestry and when people were born and died and linked it back until Adam & Eve.

I have no clue how he got October 27th though.

I tried to do that when I was in like third grade, but I started with Adam & Eve.  I got confused after I got to Noah's children.  akudood;

YPrrrr

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 09:21:26 PM
Oh, that explains it then... silly Protestants n_u
making shit up as they go.  akudood;

YPrrrr

Veal

You should change the name to "Troll Discussion" if you're going to keep this up.

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 09:25:16 PM
I don't know about you, but it sounds like a religion to me n_u
i heard they believe in this guy who made everything but you can't see him. xD
Quote from: Veal on March 18, 2009, 09:25:46 PM
You should change the name to "Troll Discussion" if you're going to keep this up.
Uhm, it was a legitimate discussion about James Ussher and his seemingly random work of using dates to find "the age of the earth" which is where a lot of Young Earth Creationists get their "facts"

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:27:35 PM
i heard they believe in this guy who made everything but you can't see him. xD

Lol yeah, don't they know by now that everything spontaneously generated out of nothing xD

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 09:29:07 PM
Lol yeah, don't they know by now that everything spontaneously generated out of nothing xD
where are your gods now. akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:37:42 PM
where are your gods now. akudood;

Actually it goes that God was always there, not that he came from anything...

It would still make more sense for something supernatural to come from nothing than something of the natural world to spontaneously generate

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on March 18, 2009, 09:40:49 PM
Actually it goes that God was always there, not that he came from anything...

It would still make more sense for something supernatural to come from nothing than something of the natural world to spontaneously generate
Who would you trust with with your child's future akudood;

what does this prove, nothing at all

actually, logically it makes no sense that something would always exist and stuff and it wouldn't make sense for something super natural to come from nothing because there would be no back story to its powers. dur

also the 'universe came out of nowhere' is based on nothing. we really can't know since the laws of physics most likely  differed due to the hypothesized 'superforce' probably fucking shit up and dicks and lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:49:12 PM
Who would you trust with with your child's future akudood;

what does this prove, nothing at all
I am utterly confused by everything above, but impressed that you were able to make Benedict somehow look good through juxtaposition
Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 18, 2009, 09:49:12 PM

actually, logically it makes no sense that something would always exist and stuff and it wouldn't make sense for something super natural to come from nothing because there would be no back story to its powers. dur

also the 'universe came out of nowhere' is based on nothing. we really can't know since the laws of physics most likely  differed due to the hypothesized 'superforce' probably fucking shit up and dicks and lol
I didn't say anything about logic, I'm just stating no one believes he came from nothing.

And you can't judge the supernatural logically, because logically, the supernatural does not exist, so therefore any argument you make about it is moot.

How do physics exist when there is nothing?

Go Up