April 16, 2024, 01:14:26 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Questions for the religious

Started by Houdini, May 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

May 28, 2007, 08:32:09 PM Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:55:35 PM by reefer
Since there's a thread for asking questions about atheism, I figured it would be fitting to have a thread asking questions about religion. I'm pretty curious as to how religious people think, and I'm sure other atheists here are too.

Atheists, ask questions. Religious people, answer them. Got it?

I'll kick this off:

1. Why do you believe in your religion out of all the religions out there?

2. Have you ever considered partaking in a religion other than the one you were raised to believe in?

Necro

1. Because their parents forced it on them, and kept them from anything else until they were old enough to be considered brain washed.

2. Haha, if they're like one of the people I just mention above, then of course not.

EDIT: Ok, wth, even on NSider, I keep spelling "just", "jsut". :\
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Houdini

Quote from: General Grievous on May 28, 2007, 09:34:36 PM
1. Because their parents forced it on them, and kept them from anything else until they were old enough to be considered brain washed.

2. Haha, if they're like one of the people I just mention above, then of course not.
That's what I'd think, although I want to hear what the religious guys have to say about it.

I keep hitting the semicolon key instead of the apostrophe key, so I keep typing don;t instead of don't. I don't know why this is happening.

V

Wtf? Why don't you let the religious people answer the questions, k?

Houdini

Quote from: V on May 28, 2007, 09:38:45 PM

Yeah, that would be nice. Now we just need a few religious people to show their faces.

V

Well, I am not TOO religious. I tend to not think about it, though I do believe there is a God. I guess most prefer to hope for something better than this life. Something at the end of this harsh test called "life".

Fireman.exe

1: I believe it because I want to believe it, no one is forcing me to. I have faith, and I don't care what any idotic atheist says about me. (Not saying all atheists are idiotic, just the ones that say things such as "U STOOPID FER HAVIN FAITH LOL")

2: I would like to look into what catholics believe in, and possibly a Nasorean.

Necro

Of course. This was basically a joke, I know not all religous people are like this. But all of my friends that are religious, which aren't too many, are all stubborn bastardic bible humpers. I used the parental thing because everything about them, including how they come on religion, is so biased off their parents, it's ridiculous.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

V

Quote from: General Grievous on May 28, 2007, 09:44:45 PM

Or course. This was basically a joke, I know not all religous people are like this. But all of my friends that are religious, which aren't too many, are all stubborn bastardic bible humpers. I used the parental thing because everything about them, including how they come on religion, is so biased off their parents, it's ridiculous.

NO JOKING HERE. THIS ARE SERIOUS BOARD.

But I understand. I believe there is a God,  but I am not blind to all the evidence against there being a possibility that there is no God.

Houdini

Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 28, 2007, 09:43:19 PM
1: I believe it because I want to believe it, no one is forcing me to. I have faith, and I don't care what any idotic atheist says about me. (Not saying all atheists are idiotic, just the ones that say things such as "U STOOPID FER HAVIN FAITH LOL")
But why Christianity as opposed to, say, Hindu?

Necro

Quote from: V on May 28, 2007, 09:46:30 PM
Quote from: General Grievous on May 28, 2007, 09:44:45 PM

Or course. This was basically a joke, I know not all religous people are like this. But all of my friends that are religious, which aren't too many, are all stubborn bastardic bible humpers. I used the parental thing because everything about them, including how they come on religion, is so biased off their parents, it's ridiculous.

NO JOKING HERE. THIS ARE SERIOUS BOARD.

But I understand. I believe there is a God,  but I am not blind to all the evidence against there being a possibility that there is no God.
But I said basically. Maybe deeper, it's more than a joke. v;

Quote from: Houdini on May 28, 2007, 09:48:08 PM
While that one may not be all from their parents, I know their parents have an insanley huge effect on what exactly they choose to be.

V

Now that depends on where the person was born most of the time. If I was born in India, where Hinduism originated, most likely I would believe in that religion.

Houdini

May 28, 2007, 09:52:49 PM #12 Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:54:44 PM by Houdini
Quote from: General Grievous on May 28, 2007, 09:49:39 PM
While that one may not be all from their parents, I know their parents have an insanley huge effect on what exactly they choose to be.
That's probably the most prominent factor. Most parents raise their children to mesh into society as much as possible without questioning the popular ideals.

Fireman.exe

I was a Christian way before my parents ever were. So don't try to play the influence card here.

Houdini

Quote from: Fireman.exe on May 28, 2007, 09:53:57 PM
I was a Christian way before my parents ever were. So don't try to play the influence card here.
You still haven't answered my question.

Go Up