April 18, 2024, 04:27:05 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

opinions on iPhones, 20 months later

Started by russell, February 08, 2009, 05:14:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

Since the iPhone came out, I've been very pleased with it, but have always thought my opinion would decrease at some point. Now, 20 months after buying my 4gb iPhone (I now have a 16gb 3G), I still love it and have only minimal complaints.

Here's what I like, a list bound to be incomplete:
- The UI. It's clean and beautiful.
- The app compatibility and support. Especially the fact that I can pirate them.
- The iPod. It's taken me about a year to agree with Jobs on "this is the best iPod we've ever made" -- I hate using my old click-wheel now. The touch interface is flawless once you get used to it.
- Safari. It works wonderfully, and with 3G is extremely fast (at least in my area).
- Google Maps. This was a great addition to the included software lineup, and has actually come to my rescue more than once after I got lost driving somewhere. The traffic congestion indicators are also excellent for on-the-fly route planning.
- Form factor and materials. The thing is slim, discreet, and sexy, and I have not yet held another mobile device that feels as good in the hand... especially another touch device.

And, the few things I don't like:
- No email search. This would be useful.
- The hardware is just a bit slow. Occasionally stuff lags, mostly loading apps, and when I'm power usin' I have to be conscious of switching apps for minimal lag.
- Safari crashes every so often. It's fairly infrequent so I don't really mind, and this problem may have been eliminated in one of the 100 recent updated I haven't downloaded...

Basically, I love my iPhone without reserve and am excited for its future. What are your thoughts, especially if you have one?

guff

Quote from: orlovsky on February 08, 2009, 05:14:09 PM
The app compatibility and support.
what the lol besides games and social networking stuff there's hardly anything interesting or all that useful
i had to jailbreak my touch to get any apps i actually wanted besides games (terminal emulator, python, etc.) akudood;

Quote from: orlovsky on February 08, 2009, 05:14:09 PM
Especially the fact that I can pirate them.
that's not a feature  doodhuh;

ncba93ivyase

I think Mobile Safari is pretty crappy and the UI is slop.

for what it does and especially compared to its competitors it's great, but it has a long way to go until i find it useful beyond internet access on the toilet

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Lrh

I like them, I just wish they had them on Verizon. Has the hanging up while talking because of pressing the button with your face been fixed?
Lrh

ME##

Quote from: Lrh on February 09, 2009, 11:03:43 AM
I like them, I just wish they had them on Verizon. Has the hanging up while talking because of pressing the button with your face been fixed?

CDMA is a bag of hurt.

And I've never heard about that.  doodhuh;

Daddy

Quote from: Lrh on February 09, 2009, 11:03:43 AM
what that was never a problem.

there is a censor at the top of the phone that turns off the touchscreen if blocked(as if by ear)

strongbad

When it was first released, only rich faggots at my school got them, and honestly, it looked retarded. Now just about every other person at my school has one and I want one to.

Fads, eh?

Feynman

Quote from: David on February 10, 2009, 08:15:17 PM
When it was first released, only rich faggots at my school got them, and honestly, it looked retarded. Now just about every other person at my school has one and I want one to.

Fads, eh?

I guess I'm a rich faggot.

strongbad

Quote from: Bassir on February 13, 2009, 05:31:35 PM
I guess I'm a rich faggot.

By that i meant the rich kids who bougght it just because it was the new cool thing even though they knew nothing about it.

Go Up