March 28, 2024, 11:30:29 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

animal cruelty

Started by l a c e y , February 08, 2009, 04:51:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

l a c e y

when the spca or the animal protection people find animals that are so abused why don`t they put them to sleep instead of making them suffer.
i understand that some of them will fully recover with no problems, such as animals that have been starved.
but when animals that are covered in deep wounds and that can barely move i don`t see why they don`t put them down.
it`s a peaceful way and then they won`t have to suffer anymore.
also the people who get caught for this, some of them just get like a fine or something.
it`s ridiculous, if they hurt an animal what is stopping them from hurting another human being.
shouldn't they be put in jail automatically for doing something to an animal the same way they would do it to a human?

discuss.

Det in F♯ Major

They do, you fucking idiot. psyduck;
Both put extremely abused animals down and send abusers to jail.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

l a c e y

no they don't not all the time.
have you ever been to a dog pound...
some of the dogs there are pretty terrible looking.

um a lot of people get let go for animal abuse.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Liopleurodon on February 08, 2009, 06:05:43 PM
no they don't not all the time.
have you ever been to a dog pound...
some of the dogs there are pretty terrible looking.

um a lot of people get let go for animal abuse.

Have you ever watched the show 'Animal Cops' on Animal Planet? (If you get that station in Canada.)
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Strawberry Fields Forever on February 08, 2009, 06:02:57 PM
They do, you fucking idiot. psyduck;
Both put extremely abused animals down and send abusers to jail.
You're punished more severely for jaywalking in this country than you are for killing 10000 kittens.

also, i think killing an animal just because they're "suffering" is a terrible thing to do and inexcusable unless it's 100% certain they're going to die (e.g. terminal brain cancer or something)

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

l a c e y

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 08, 2009, 06:19:55 PM
You're punished more severely for jaywalking in this country than you are for killing 10000 kittens.

also, i think killing an animal just because they're "suffering" is a terrible thing to do and inexcusable unless it's 100% certain they're going to die (e.g. terminal brain cancer or something)

yeah but what if they have like deep infections or are missing limbs ect..

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Liopleurodon on February 08, 2009, 06:57:48 PM
yeah but what if they have like deep infections or are missing limbs ect..

If every person to ever get a severe infection was killed, humanity would've been wiped out centuries ago.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

l a c e y

true.
but were not talking about hunmans were talking about animals.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Liopleurodon on February 08, 2009, 07:20:10 PM
true.
but were not talking about hunmans were talking about animals.

humans are animals

Would you kill your friend if he had an infection or a disease?

l a c e y

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 08, 2009, 08:02:56 PM
humans are animals

Would you kill your friend if he had an infection or a disease?

no i guess not.
but is it not harder for an animal to fight infection and be okay than it is for a human?

Dullahan

Quote from: Liopleurodon on February 08, 2009, 08:09:11 PM
no i guess not.
but is it not harder for an animal to fight infection and be okay than it is for a human?

Well, don't forget that we, as humans, have drugs that help our infections out and if these drugs are used on animals, they could harm their health. It's like how kids kinda have their own drugs because their bodies aren't strong enough to take certain pain killers.

Don't get me wrong, animals have drugs too. But that's why some have owners because their brain capacities don't go far enough to know what types of drugs they need to take. akudood;

Virgule punctuation mark

Animals are driven very heavily by survival instinct, just as humans have thoughts about life or death, animals almost always attempt to live as long as possible, despite pain, disease or otherwise. A deer will continue to run despite being shot, or torn apart by wolves, it is obvious that despite being in pain and having very low chance of survival, the deer will continue to attempt to live a bit longer, it doesn't want to be "put out of it's misery". Even animals who are incapable of functioning properly and are abandoned by their packs continue to try to survive alone rather then starve or jump off a cliff, so I doubt animals regardless of suffering willingly resign themselves to being put down by humans.

Humans are naturally predators with hunting instincts, it may be unnatural (even wrong) to be sadistic, but other predators don't give a second thought to the feelings of the prey as they eat them (often alive), it's usually just about efficiency, many natural poisons are slow torture, but we cannot blame spiders, snakes and fish, but we as humans should imprison our own race for inflicting pain upon animals? I am against deliberately causing pain to living creatures, but at the same time, pain rarely is any worse when inflicted by human, than what could possibly happen in the wild.

Hippopo

If there is no hope for recovery or the animal exhibits behavior that is potentially dangerous, they are humanly euthanized.....

l a c e y

for some reason this topic was interesting to me last night but no so much anymore.

Nyerp

Quote from: Virgule punctuation mark on February 08, 2009, 09:10:20 PM
pain rarely is any worse when inflicted by human, than what could possibly happen in the wild.

Humans have the ability to wipe out an entire species.

Go Up