April 26, 2024, 08:31:18 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button *Long Review*

Started by :atomsk:, January 04, 2009, 10:48:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

:atomsk:

January 04, 2009, 10:48:26 PM Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:37:57 AM by :atomsk:
It's about a man named Benjamin Button who is born with a body that appears approximately 80 years old. Through his life while everyone around him ages, he becomes younger every year. This movie chronicles his life and his adventures and seems to somewhat revolve around death, but not in a depressing way. Instead, in a way that welcomes change in whatever form given and creates a peaceful understanding of life and death. He meets all types of people and even though they die or disappear, they both gain something on the other's behalf. Benjamin is an outstanding man that influences many peopleââ,¬â,,¢s lives. He lives his life with the people he loves as well as alone and does it in the most irregretable fashion possible.

Brad Pitt leads an amazingly coordinated cast. Members you may have heard of are Cate Blanchett, Tilda Swinton, Jason Fleming, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, and Taraji P. Henson.

The acting as well as the dialogue is outstanding. The cast creates a terrifically emotional atmosphere while holding character. The characters are ones you can easily become attached to which is very rare in movies these days. It's also very visually interesting. I kept thinking "Holy crap I wish I was there to take that picture!" Also, the age progression and reduction processes are perfect, not only with the characters appearances, but with the surrounding cities and areas being filmed in.

I cried 3 times. I almost cried a few other times. Yeah, I cry in movies...

Itââ,¬â,,¢s PG-13 so take the whole family. This is one movie you really don't want to miss out on!  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the first movie Iââ,¬â,,¢ve seen in 2009 and it'll probably be the best one of the year. This film is not only endlessly entertaining, but is one that you can leave knowing something new; something true and valuable regardless of age.

Thanks for reading!
               Scott

(Also I think ââ,¬Ëœirregretableââ,¬â,,¢ should be a word so I used it in paragraph one.)

guff

shorter review: i saw it and it was pretty cook

also:
[spoiler]he gets born at the end akudood;[/spoiler]

Pyrate

I walked out because it was so boring. Did it get better after the first hour and a half?

Quote from: Pyrate on January 05, 2009, 05:54:34 AM
I walked out because it was so boring. Did it get better after the first hour and a half?

It got  better every second it was running.

Go Up