April 16, 2024, 12:40:29 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Legalize Cannabis?

Started by heltar, December 25, 2008, 10:00:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

heltar

December 25, 2008, 10:00:19 PM Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:39:17 PM by reefer
(The previous legalize marijuana thread was locked)

Should marijuana be legalized?

I think so. Tobacco and alcohol are legal, yet they harm your body much more than the reefer does.

Alcohol is a poison, is physically addicting, and it leads to numerous heath defects.

Tobacco is also physically addicting, and leads to many other health problems as well.

Cannabis is neither physically addicting nor is it detrimental to your health in comparison to tobacco/alcohol. You don't have to consume nearly as much weed to get the desired effect, and the effects last much longer than that of tobacco (Tobacco lasts for about 5-10 minutes, weed can last for a few hours, depending on the THC levels and the amount you smoke). As a matter of fact, using a vaporizer, one can get the maximum amount of THC (active ingredient in marijuana) out of his or her bud, and one will eliminate almost all of the health risks associated with toking.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of anti-bud propaganda out there to keep it illegal, and people just don't know the facts.

If you'd like to learn more about marijuana and the lack of health risks/dangers stemming (pardon the pun) from this plant, visit these websites:

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/marijuana-myths

Daddy

Well, question 3 on the ballot here(Massachusetts) was for decriminalization and it passed.

Starting on January 2nd it will only be a civil offense punishable by a fine rather than a misdemeanor/felony.  Trafficking, dealing, and growing are still criminal offenses though.

l a c e y

has this not been done a couple times already?

heltar

The original thread from a year ago was locked, and the other one didn't seem to be very serious at all.

Terran SCV

Let them eat cake
Seriously, I personally believe in abstinence from any and all types of contraband substances. I don't really care if it is legalized, though it would be a pretty funny sight to see some seniors at school taking quick puffs every now and then  n_u
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

j o e i n c

im 100% for legalization

if you disagree you are wrong

l a c e y

Quote from: joeinc on December 26, 2008, 09:51:04 AM
im 100% for legalization

if you disagree you are wrong

i agree with you.
like if you don't want to smoke weed don't.
but don't say it should be illeagle and reck it for the people that doo.
just let us enjoy ourselves.

j o e i n c

Quote from: l a c e y on December 26, 2008, 09:52:29 PM
i agree with you.
yes please

Geno

Quote from: l a c e y on December 26, 2008, 09:52:29 PM
i agree with you.
I thought that this might be your first intelligent post until I saw how you spelt "wreck"  :3

But legalize weed dammit. We have nicotine legalized and that causes way more harm than weed.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Geno on December 27, 2008, 01:17:23 PM
I thought that this might be your first intelligent post until I saw how you spelt "wreck"  :3

Or 'illegal'.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

l a c e y

Quote from: Geno on December 27, 2008, 01:17:23 PM

But legalize weed dammit. We have nicotine legalized and that causes way more harm than weed.

kay well i'll try harder to write things properly.

and yah i think cigarettes do more harm as well.
they are way more addictive than weed.

heltar

Quote from: l a c e y on December 27, 2008, 02:37:13 PM
kay well i'll try harder to write things properly.

and yah i think cigarettes do more harm as well.
they are way more addictive than weed.

You mean "cigarettes do more harm."
You mean "cigarettes are addicting, and weed isn't."

l a c e y

Quote from: heltar on December 27, 2008, 06:10:30 PM
You mean "cigarettes do more harm."
You mean "cigarettes are addicting, and weed isn't."

yah i pretty much just said that did i not?

heltar

Quote from: l a c e y on December 27, 2008, 07:20:45 PM
yah i pretty much just said that did i not?

Just to clear things up.

j o e i n c

Go Up