April 20, 2024, 01:22:31 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Assisted Suicide

Started by Wrench, November 20, 2008, 07:24:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should it be legal?

yes
6 (26.1%)
no
0 (0%)
yes, under circumstances
17 (73.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

Det in F♯ Major

December 10, 2008, 02:54:10 PM #60 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:59:22 PM by Draco Malfoy
Quote from: Angry Kewn Fruit on December 10, 2008, 02:52:51 PM
How many have you known who have attempted suicide?

Some of you talk as though you've wanted it pretty bad at one point.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 02:54:10 PM
You all talk as though you've wanted it pretty bad at one point.
Yes. Which is why I understand. psyduck;

I obviously never went through with it or an attempt because I realized it wasn't worth it, but I can completely understand why someone would feel so hopeless as to see only death as a way to escape their problems. Or, those who dont' want to die, enough to shock those around them into actually caring that something is dangerously wrong.

Det in F♯ Major

Oh, pathetic teenage angst. </3

Okay, can we actually talk about assisted suicide now?  baddood;
I doubt I'd ever do it. No matter what state I was in.
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

superclucky

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 02:52:10 PM
There aren't really any legitimate reasons for committing suicide outside of unbearable physical pain
depressed people would usually weight the negatives and positives and usually the latter wins and they kill themselves, or try to :X

aka if i'm dead they'll be happy, i won't spend anyone's money, i won't bother anyone anymore, etc.

But they're delusional which makes it true to themselves but not to others therefore making their suicide somewhat legit to themselves only. <3

or a cry for attentions since everyone is ignoring them
kewns are smelly

guff

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 02:45:47 PM
FUCKING HELP YOURSELF, MAN.
that's what suicide is for n_u
There aren't really any legitimate reasons for committing suicide outside of unbearable physical pain
uh who exactly is the Great Suicide Arbiter that defines the legitimacy of suicide  doodhuh;
Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 03:05:00 PM
Okay, can we actually talk about assisted suicide now?  baddood;
hullo n_u
Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 10, 2008, 02:03:03 PM
you're all retarded anyways

assisted suicide only concerns the terminally ill, not the mentally ill  akudood;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Miss Insultbutnotfuckinghelp on December 10, 2008, 03:17:47 PM
depressed people would usually weight the negatives and positives and usually the latter wins and they kill themselves, or try to :X

i think you mean former :]

superclucky

Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 03:23:44 PM
i think you mean former :]
i meant positives as in "oh this is a plus in my book to kill myself ;)"
kewns are smelly

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Miss Insultbutnotfuckinghelp on December 10, 2008, 03:32:48 PM
i meant positives as in "oh this is a plus in my book to kill myself ;)"

oh
OH

also
Jack Kevorkian.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 10, 2008, 03:21:43 PM
uh who exactly is the Great Suicide Arbiter
I think the law is the one that decides the legitimacy of things, so I'd go with that. And suicide is illegal, therefore there are no legitimate reasons for it currently.

Of course society can alter the legitimacy of laws by changing them if the public opinion sways, which is why we're discussing views on assisted suicide I suppose as it is more controversial

Daddy

December 10, 2008, 04:00:12 PM #69 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:10:53 PM by Angry Kewn Fruit
Quote from: Draco Malfoy on December 10, 2008, 03:05:00 PM
Oh, pathetic teenage angst. </3
and this whole time i believed my therapist and doctor and their 'depressive disorder' diagnosis

THANK YOU DET INTERNET MD

l a c e y

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 03:38:17 PM
I think the law is the one that decides the legitimacy of things, so I'd go with that. And suicide is illegal, therefore there are no legitimate reasons for it currently.

Of course society can alter the legitimacy of laws by changing them if the public opinion sways, which is why we're discussing views on assisted suicide I suppose as it is more controversial

suicide is not illeagle in canada.
it can't be illeagle because you can't really put the person in jail or sue them if their dead...

guff

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 03:38:17 PM
then your previous statement doesn't make a whole lot of sense:

suicide because of unbearable physical pain (incidentally what made you single out physical pain doodhuh;) is still illegal so i guess you made a reversal idk doodhuh;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 10, 2008, 04:43:32 PM
then your previous statement doesn't make a whole lot of sense:
suicide because of unbearable physical pain (incidentally what made you single out physical pain doodhuh;) is still illegal so i guess you made a reversal idk doodhuh;
Well yeah, I did. It's generally a good idea when you're incorrect about something.

guff

Quote from: YPR on December 10, 2008, 05:06:43 PM
Well yeah, I did. It's generally a good idea when you're incorrect about something.
oh you  n_u

FAMY2

Quote from: Frutta Procione on December 10, 2008, 03:00:20 PM
Yes. Which is why I understand. psyduck;

I obviously never went through with it or an attempt because I realized it wasn't worth it, but I can completely understand why someone would feel so hopeless as to see only death as a way to escape their problems. Or, those who dont' want to die, enough to shock those around them into actually caring that something is dangerously wrong.

Or maybe it's a way to stop the pain. To get some rest and peace.

Go Up