April 23, 2024, 04:50:43 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fallout 3 Thread

Started by C.Mongler, October 28, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on December 21, 2015, 09:51:29 PM
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 21, 2015, 08:55:52 PM
enjoy your infinite health winterized power armor wrench;

also lol apparently this is a oversight that bethesda never bothered to fix

it actually isn't indestructible, but it has 10 million hit points

the developers mistakenly placed the simulation version (which is supposed to be indestructible for all intents and purposes like the other sim items) in the armory, as opposed to the standard wasteland version which would have degraded normally

it has another oversight: it allows you to accidentally complete the sidequest "you gotta shoot em in the head" if you put it down and pick it back up a certain way

because that quest involves a dispute over a suit of power armor and one possible ending is the player picking it up. and the winterized version apparently accidentally counts as being the same

Kalahari Inkantation

good to know

mothership zeta's up next, once i've finished point lookout's sidequests (i never want to have to go back there)

C.Mongler

mothership zeta was easily the worst dlc for this game by a longshot but have fun bubsy

[spoiler]WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

point lookout was my least favorite

C.Mongler

atleast you could like, live a little. zeta is mostly a straight line with like a couple quest points on it

Samus Aran

well sure, but i didn't find point lookout worth exploring to begin with lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Cleared The Pitt. 5thgrade;

i don't like either of the outcomes but oh well

QuoteCollect all 100 steel ingots to -- !!

Nope. cuddledoods;

onward to mothership zeta

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on December 24, 2015, 02:31:29 PM
QuoteCollect all 100 steel ingots to -- !!

I finally did that a little before my first 360 died. I had to use a guide to find the last one and check every location anyway because I had no clue which one I was missing.

Kalahari Inkantation

also, over 100 hours in and i only discovered dogmeat yesterday

Quote from: … on December 24, 2015, 03:03:40 PM
I had to use a guide to find the last one and check every location anyway because I had no clue which one I was missing.

That's what I'm afraid of. smithicide;

i suppose i could take the easy way out and have a mod point out the locations of the remaining ones for me but meh

Kalahari Inkantation

My framerate dips into the low teens on Mothership Zeta's observation deck. goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

actually, all of zeta seems to take a huge toll on my poor little labtob

i finally just completed it, at an average of literally around 15-20 fps goowan

Time to finish the game. goodjob;

C.Mongler

god that ingots quest is hell i did that same shit by checking every one lmao

Kalahari Inkantation

December 26, 2015, 05:49:29 PM #192 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:57:58 PM by Tectron
six months and 123 hours later, i've finally finished the main quest

man, that ending is a complete mess

[spoiler]

how could bethesda possibly have had enough gall to kill off the player character, but not the commitment to stand by that decision and even retcon SUCH a significant and final plot element mere months later with broken steel

did they do absolutely no planning lol

i can't think of a single other piece of media so insecure that it feels the need to actually retcon itself

on top of severely cheapening the effectiveness of the original ending sequence (which itself is riddled with problems), the post-endgame dlc changes don't even solve the original issue of completely neutering the consequentiality of your decisions

because now instead of being dead no matter what, you remain alive no matter what, and their 'fix' doesn't even attempt to make any sense at all

the lone wanderer nobly follows in his father's footsteps, willingly sacrificing himself for the good of mankind after exposure to beyond-lethal levels of radiation that no amount of gear or chems could effectively shield against.................. and then two weeks later he just happens to conveniently wake up in a medical facility perfectly safe and sound with no ill consequences whatsoever oh wow it's a miracle lol

radiation, this inescapable central threat, has been visibly poisoning me almost every single second of my existence in this world

my trusty geiger counter, a necessity in this post-nuclear wasteland, serves as constant a reminder of its severity and ubiquity

i take all sorts of precautions using hazmat suits and various dangerous drugs in the hope of staving off the ill effects of this powerful global toxin just to live on another day

yet somehow stepping into the very epicenter of the massive radiation leak that i watched instantaneously kill my father and anyone unfortunate enough to be near him didn't have any ill effects on me at all huh well okay i can totally overlook that

i mean jesus if they absolutely needed to retcon the original ending like that, they could have a least remained internally consistent and made you a ghoul or something, christ[/spoiler]

smh bethesda

don't let's

Hey, ghouls are people too

Thyme

ok but did u have fun tho ifeelbetter;

Go Up