April 18, 2024, 04:54:06 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Quote from: Methree on December 03, 2008, 01:04:16 AM
Lol i just got the thread title......because you check books out at a library.
Sick Animation

me003

Quote from: reefer on December 03, 2008, 01:22:28 AM
Sick Animation
whaa?
Anyways I meant to search sick animation in google, but i pasted it into the url and it directed me to sickanimation.com and on the homepage they have a MERSHAQ FLASH GAME. I think it's all too coincidental.
What part do you play in this reef
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

reeper

Quote from: Methree on December 03, 2008, 01:41:58 AM
whaa?
Anyways I meant to search sick animation in google, but i pasted it into the url and it directed me to sickanimation.com and on the homepage they have a MERSHAQ FLASH GAME. I think it's all too coincidental.
"Books, check them out" is a lyric from one of his songs on his CD.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Methree on December 03, 2008, 01:41:58 AM
whaa?

um it's not coincidental

boyah has made numerous references to sickanimation cartoons, mershaq being one of them

also sprankton

a noun

disease you get from chewing too much

YPrrrr

And here I though "Books, check them out" was referring to libraries...

thezerofire

just finished reading Brave New World. it was pretty good.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

what the fuck

[spoiler]I just got to the part in American Psycho where Bateman is talking to the homeless guy and then stabs him a bunch.

then he breaks the dogs legs.

what the fuck[/spoiler]

reeper

Quote from: Sidney A. Stubbs on December 03, 2008, 12:53:18 PM
what the fuck

[spoiler]I just got to the part in American Psycho where Bateman is talking to the homeless guy and then stabs him a bunch.

then he breaks the dogs legs.

what the fuck[/spoiler]
I haven't read the book but I have it, it's in the movie.

The book gets more graphic than the movie does so there will be more horrifying parts.

reeper

I just got Anthem today, read half of it. Jesus what a cool book. My brother caught me reading it and was like "pssh objectivism is stupid"

He told me what objectivism meant exactly (pretty much the opposite of communism) and I told him the premise of the book so far, fits perfectly.

Lozal

Quote from: thezerofire on December 03, 2008, 10:35:16 AM
just finished reading Brave New World. it was pretty good.
I loved that book. :]
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

reeper

Quote from: reefer on December 03, 2008, 05:38:31 PM
I just got Anthem today, read half of it. Jesus what a cool book. My brother caught me reading it and was like "pssh objectivism is stupid"

He told me what objectivism meant exactly (pretty much the opposite of communism) and I told him the premise of the book so far, fits perfectly.
I'm father into it, I noticed it's a very political book. The characters are named after parts of government.

In doing some research on the novel I found a book called We which many of you will wanted to check out, especially those fond of 1984 and Brave New World. 1984 had influences from We.

me003

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on December 03, 2008, 10:03:06 AM
um it's not coincidental

boyah has made numerous references to sickanimation cartoons, mershaq being one of them

also sprankton

a noun

disease you get from chewing too much

This is the first time I have heard of sick animation.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on December 03, 2008, 05:38:31 PM

I remember recommending this to some Boyagers... Yes, it's an amazing book in my opinion, everyone should check it out.

Except Houdini because he hates Ayn Rand

reeper

Quote from: YPR on December 03, 2008, 11:03:40 PM
I remember recommending this to some Boyagers... Yes, it's an amazing book in my opinion, everyone should check it out.

Except Houdini because he hates Ayn Rand
What has Houdini read of hers? I'm not sure if it's amazing, for it to be amazing I'd have to read it a couple times to really digest all it has it offer.

YPrrrr

Go Up