April 17, 2024, 09:23:17 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

November 11, 2008, 09:53:43 PM #135 Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:46:31 PM by reefer
Reading A Scanner Darkly, I asked my friend to pick a number one through three and she picked three. Three was this book.

I read the first chapter, it's really really really strange so far. He seems to slip into his own mind when describing things without notifying the reader. I was a little spaced out when reading it so I might have skipped a few important sentences.

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 11, 2008, 09:53:43 PM
Reading A Scanner Darkly, I asked my friend to pick a number one through three and she picked three. Three was this book.

I read the first chapter, it's really really really strange so far. He seems to slip into his own mind when describing things without notifying the reader. I was a little spaced out when reading it so I might have skipped a few important sentences.
That movie is so fucking tight!!!
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Man I got through like 6 pages of posts trying to find this thread  saddood;

Anyway...

I just bought The Zombie Survival Guide and American Psycho at Barnes and Noble the other day.

Also, just started Brave New World for the AR points.

CruelPleasure

Anything by Terry Brooks is good.

reeper

Quote from: Sidney A. Stubbs on November 12, 2008, 08:03:04 AM
Man I got through like 6 pages of posts trying to find this thread  saddood;

Anyway...

I just bought The Zombie Survival Guide and American Psycho at Barnes and Noble the other day.

Also, just started Brave New World for the AR points.
The Zombie Survival Guide is something I have always wanted to read, is it good?

Selkie

Just read The Road. Great book.

Hiro

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: reefer on November 12, 2008, 04:20:27 PM
The Zombie Survival Guide is something I have always wanted to read, is it good?
So far I've gotten through half of the second chapter so I can't give that great of summary.

But judging by that little bit I've read, it's pretty good.

If you like subtle humor, then you'll probably like it.

thezerofire

just finished reading 1984.

I recommend the Saga of Seven Suns if anyone's looking for good science fiction.

Kalahari Inkantation

Currently reading The Scarlet Letter.
It seems interesting, but so far, the intro's pretty dull. Hopefully it picks up soon. befuddlement

reeper

CruelPleasure

Started reading "The Night Stalker the life and crimes of Richard Ramirez". It's pretty good so far.

superclucky

Quote from: Colonel Sanders on November 14, 2008, 08:47:46 AM
Started reading "The Night Stalker the life and crimes of Richard Ramirez". It's pretty good so far.
Oh I read about him.

He was pretty hott for a serial killer.
Too bad his teeth was shit.
kewns are smelly

Samus Aran

Quote from: TECTRINKET on November 13, 2008, 02:36:30 PM
Currently reading The Scarlet Letter.
It seems interesting, but so far, the intro's pretty dull. Hopefully it picks up soon. befuddlement

I read that recently as well. I'm not a huge Hawthorne fan, but I do at least enjoy his short stories a bit. The Scarlet Letter, not so much, but it was still a fairly decent read. I'm just not really a big fan of forceful allegories (I mean, we can figure out the symbolism for ourselves, you don't have to shove them in our faces), and I find that his constant Puritan theme does get tiring after reading so much of his work.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Mini Disastro on November 14, 2008, 12:44:57 PM
Oh I read about him.

He was pretty hott for a serial killer.
Too bad his teeth was shit.
Yeah he also got married in prison to some fangirl.

Go Up