April 23, 2024, 08:52:27 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Books - check them out

Started by reeper, June 26, 2008, 02:16:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

under the volcano looks like a good read confuseddood;

Socks

Everything is a good read in the right mood.

Samus Aran

yeah, i'm sure i could have read it just fine if i was in the right mindset, but i guess lately i just haven't been

Commander Fuckass

January 02, 2012, 11:36:25 AM #558 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:51:02 AM by Kefka
So uh I guess Im going to start The Hunger Games this week

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

piano moths

man without a country, bitcheszzzz
kill them w kindness

Wrench

Quote from: Kefka on January 02, 2012, 11:36:25 AM
So uh I guess Im going to start The Hunger Games this week

oh hey me too

snoorkel

what kind of piss are you guys reading

silvertone

a people's history of the united states

im in the Clinton years now

piano moths

Quote from: silvertoné on January 23, 2012, 01:31:08 PM
a people's history of the united states

im in the Clinton years now

i need to read this damn
kill them w kindness

silvertone

i been really reading into the Society of the Spectacle but before i re-read the second chapter i am going to read "comments on the society of the spectacle" and watch a college course about Das Kapital.

in the mean time i am reading Maldoror which is probably the first poetry that i actually have gotten Excited by, let alone like.

Quote from: eeeeeee on January 30, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
i need to read this damn
it is a Good Book, i recommend it for Everyone. i have like 300 + pages flipped because of events/quotes/observations in that book that i liked.

Socks

Quote from: silvertoné on February 09, 2012, 07:22:39 PM
in the mean time i am reading Maldoror which is probably the first poetry that i actually have gotten Excited by, let alone like.

i read that he composed that at night, with a bottle, a candle and wrote to a somber piano tune.
no wonder it claimed his life.

silvertone

Quote from: Socks on February 09, 2012, 07:26:01 PM
i read that he composed that at night, with a bottle, a candle and wrote to a somber piano tune.
no wonder it claimed his life.
i thought he [lautrémont] died of a Fever??? supposedly he was writing a "good" version of maldoror, unsurprisingly it wasn't finished (good dies young etc etc etc)

Socks

Fever is on of those things they list when there is too much shit wrong with you and they don't even know what really did you in. I mean it was the 1800s, and writers don't die of fevers, who the fuck dies from a fever?

??????

Quote from: silvertoné on February 09, 2012, 07:22:39 PM

it is a Good Book, i recommend it for Everyone. i have like 300 + pages flipped because of events/quotes/observations in that book that i liked.
i read bits and pieces of maldoror but never really read The Full Part because i just had a sampler with me ;((

snoorkel

Quote from: Clucky on February 10, 2012, 08:06:08 AM
i read bits and pieces of maldoror but never really read The Full Part because i just had a sampler with me ;((

thats 2 bad you should read it and you'd probably like it  saddood;

Go Up