April 16, 2024, 09:30:06 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

2008 Election Thread

Started by Houdini, June 08, 2008, 10:27:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

daaaaaaaaa

Obama
41 (71.9%)
McCain
6 (10.5%)
Nader
6 (10.5%)
token Libertarian candidate
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Go Down

guff

Quote from: Mary Warren on November 01, 2008, 09:40:55 AM
wow, exactly what im talking about.
you fucking debated my reasons and you still just said i didn't have any.
you guys are really pieces of work.
the point was that it took you that long to actually provide any reasons
Quote from: Wulphe on November 01, 2008, 09:45:05 AM
guys just get over it. I like Mccain, and i dont like obama because my sister likes him and kinda because hes oh umm well maybe just a teensy bit black. The only reason i owuld like him is because people would consider me a racist if i didnt.
you're really helping your side, you know n_u

Daddy

Quote from: Wulphe on November 01, 2008, 09:22:10 AM
Jmv you really need to stop, you're being ridiculous. DEt has every right to support Mccain and you cant force obama in her face because theres "no reason" to like people like Mccain.
You should have a reason to support a politician, dumbass. This isn't American idol whre you go OMG SANJAYA IS SO SILLY VOTE FOR HIM
QuotePeople can support whoever they want to and its not your reason on earth to tell them that if they dont like the one you like then they're not smart for liking their choice.
I clearly insulted Det and said she wasn't smart.
doodhuh;
Quotei support the person regardless of who they like,
What
Quotebut one thing i hate is when people go and act like a jerk and preach all about their choice, its like searching for reasons to argue with people.  
You mean Christian evangelists?
Quote from: Mary Warren on November 01, 2008, 09:23:10 AM
i was never i aware i said who my parents supported. stop trying to pull that card, bud. n_u
And they do, don't they?

Quoteand im not even going to bother saying 26 years of being in the senate vs. 6, which means half the time obama has been in the senate, he's been running for president.
And look at their VPs. Biden's been on the senate even longer, and Palin...no experience as senator.  Her highest position of power is 2 years as governor of the 3rd least populous state.

Quotehe hasn't accomplished anything as a politician,
He secured the Democratic nomination. He sure did nothing[url]

Quotethere's absolutely nothing that stands out about him besides his skin color,
hey isnt mccain's vp a woman, clearly this is a different situation and you should vote for him.
Quoteis basically going to steal from the rich and give to the poor, has outright said he's going to raise taxes,
On people who make more than $250,000 dollars per year.  Taxing isn't stealing, and he's not giving it to the poor.  He's giving it to the american citizens. Putting the money into schools, healthcare, social programs, and such helps everyone.  It improves the overall wealth of the population.  The rich can still buy an extra porsche, they might just have to wait an extra month for that suede seating.  And as I cited before, the higher taxes generalized by Democratic presidents is better for the economy.  What's better for the economy is better for the people of the country.
Quoteand has no money to pay for 'universal health care' (and those are just the basics),
wut about those evil taxes
because i know if i do it's going to be like "FJDLKAJGLDKSGJKDSAGJASGLS HEY IM LIBERAL IM ALWAYS RIGHT YOURE WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG." im not going to waste my time with that shit. so don't expect another reply from me about this and think im cowering at my desk because i have no legitmate reason to support mccain.

or you could just provide reasons instead of going "rofl i ignored your post n_u "

Nyerp

guys just get over it. I like Mccain, and i dont like obama because my sister likes him and kinda because hes oh umm well maybe just a teensy bit black. The only reason i owuld like him is because people would consider me a racist if i didnt.

well that's too bad because you're fucking racist doodthing;

Daddy

November 01, 2008, 09:57:42 AM #198 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:12:57 AM by Khadafi
guys just get over it. I like Mccain, and i dont like obama because my sister likes him
I used to like this band but now this girl in my school likes it so I stopped listening.  giggle;

Quoteand kinda because hes oh umm well maybe just a teensy bit black.
he's also a teensy bit white. :O
But you're right, we can't let the dark ones into office, they might do something like have pigment in their skin. Only the White People are respectable.  Them Damn blacks are horrible, horrible people.  Damn blacksand their crime.

QuoteThe only reason i owuld like him is because people would consider me a racist if i didnt.

They might think im gay if I sit next to the gay kid in class xD

laskfn

JMV stop, you're really being an ass. you realize you're sitting at your computer arguing with two minors  (who cant vote) telling them they cant support someone because they dont have a reason. Its not worth it really.

guff

Quote from: Wulphe on November 01, 2008, 10:17:50 AM
Its not worth it really.
it's not costing me anything  bassir;

watch out for black people

Daddy

Quote from: Wulphe on November 01, 2008, 10:17:50 AM
JMV stop, you're really being an ass.
You mean a logical individual who uses statistics, sources, and facts to back up a statement? If that's being an ass then economists, scientists, and those who value the truth over comforting misrepresentations are some of the biggest douchebags ever. YOU HEAR ME EINSTEIN? YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE. SAME TO YOU NEWTON. 
Quoteyou realize you're sitting at your computer arguing with two minors
Who should get a grasp on what politics are about.  You don't pick and support a politician because what they look like, their personality, who else likes them, and to be a rofl rebel xD. Democracy is about voting for the candidate who best represents your views and interests(none of which either of you supplied in support of McCain). It's not like high school where the class president has no real power over organizing a fund raiser to raise money for prom and the cool thing to do is vote for your friend or that kid who threw a dead frog in biology and it was hilarious.  Voting for someone with no actual reason can be a huge mistake. It can cost people their lives, jobs, health, and future.
Quote(who cant vote)
Thank Atheos.

Quotetelling them they cant support someone because they dont have a reason.
If you don't have a reason, other than keeping a black out of office and spiting your sister then don't vote.  doodhuh;

QuoteIts not worth it really.
Neither is screwing over a nation because of bigotry and spite.

YPrrrr

Why do Det and Wulphe even come to the serious discussion board if their logic is driven by "I'd vote for whoever my sister doesn't like lawl"

laskfn

November 01, 2008, 11:30:44 AM #203 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:35:32 AM by Wulphe
Quote from: Kewn on November 01, 2008, 10:45:42 AM
You mean a logical individual who uses statistics, sources, and facts to back up a statement? If that's being an ass then economists, scientists, and those who value the truth over comforting misrepresentations are some of the biggest douchebags ever. YOU HEAR ME EINSTEIN? YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE. SAME TO YOU NEWTON. 

no, actually, im talking about a depressed 19 year old who does nothing other than sit at his computer all day because he doesnt go hang out with people due to his anxiety. The same person who was sent to a mental institution because hes stupid enough to try to overdose on depression and anxiety pills. this person arrived to this said institution just to write like a serial killer about a girl who doesnt love him at which point when he came back and did nothing but say snotty things about this girl. a person who does nothing but think hes cool because a pretty girl talked to him and called him a certain animal which he'll go to any length to be some form of it. this scrawny person who thinks hes incredible because he runs a forum. THAT PERSON

\  Who should get a grasp on what politics are about.  You don't pick and support a politician because what they look like, their personality, who else likes them, and to be a rofl rebel xD. Democracy is about voting for the candidate who best represents your views and interests(none of which either of you supplied in support of McCain). It's not like high school where the class president has no real power over organizing a fund raiser to raise money for prom and the cool thing to do is vote for your friend or that kid who threw a dead frog in biology and it was hilarious.  Voting for someone with no actual reason can be a huge mistake. It can cost people their lives, jobs, health, and future.

whats funny is that you seem to forget that image is everything these days. people are going to vote for obama because hes black. women might vote for mccain because he has a woman as a vp. Although you might overlook image because no one cares about yours ;]

If you don't have a reason, other than keeping a black out of office and spiting your sister then don't vote. 

i do have a reason, can you name a good african american governmental leader we've had(in america). I mean the only one i have to go off of is Kwame kilpatrick who, um, got sent to jail i believe. so clearly im a racist because i dont want a black leader when i've already seen another black leader make some pretty bad decisions

guff

Quote from: Wulphe on November 01, 2008, 11:30:44 AM
i do have a reason, can you name a good african american leader we've had. I mean the only one i have to go off of is Kwame kilpatrick who, um, got sent to jail i believe. so clearly im a racist because i dont want a black leader when i've already seen another black leader make some pretty bad decisions
clearly, kwame's scandal was the sole result of him being black

YPrrrr

whats funny is that you seem to forget that image is everything these days. people are going to vote for obama because hes black. women might vote for mccain because he has a woman as a vp. Although you might overlook image because no one cares about yours ;]

Where do you get your political information from? People?

i do have a reason, can you name a good african american governmental leader we've had(in america). I mean the only one i have to go off of is Kwame kilpatrick who, um, got sent to jail i believe. so clearly im a racist because i dont want a black leader when i've already seen another black leader make some pretty bad decisions
George Bush is white, don't vote for McCain

Samus Aran

no, actually, im talking about a depressed 19 year old who does nothing other than sit at his computer all day because he doesnt go hang out with people due to his anxiety. The same person who was sent to a mental institution because hes stupid enough to try to overdose on depression and anxiety pills. this person arrived to this said institution just to write like a serial killer about a girl who doesnt love him at which point when he came back and did nothing but say snotty things about this girl. a person who does nothing but think hes cool because a pretty girl talked to him and called him a certain animal which he'll go to any length to be some form of it. this scrawny person who thinks hes incredible because he runs a forum. THAT PERSON

Oh wow. You're way out of line, Junior. Attacking someone's personal life in a political debate? Enjoy your ban, because that was some Grade A hurtful stuff and I'd be pissed if I was JMV.

Daddy

no, actually, im talking about a depressed 19 year old who does nothing other than sit at his computer all day because he doesnt go hang out with people due to his anxiety.
Because Medical Diagnosis of several disorders  has so much to do with political arguments

QuoteThe same person who was sent to a mental institution because hes stupid enough to try to overdose on depression and anxiety pills.
I don't get what you mean by "try", either I did or I didn't.  If you are talking about suicide, no.  I knew the lethal dosage and I made sure I didn't go near it.  If you are talking about just taking 7 times the dosage, then it wasn't a try. I did it. And they're antidepressants. not 'depression and anxiety pills'.
Quotethis person arrived to this said institution just to write like a serial killer
yes it clearly sounded like a serial killer. I was like "omg I have a shrine of her ;)
Quoteabout a girl who doesnt love him
wait until det finds out she's heterosexual. :O
Quoteat which point when he came back and did nothing but say snotty things about this girl
oh wow, cool..
Quotea person who does nothing but think hes cool because a pretty girl talked to him and called him a certain animal which he'll go to any length to be some form of it.
clearly that "depression" from earlier and "thinking I'm cool" are somehow co-existent. now only if you understood the depth of my self esteem issues.

Quotethis scrawny person who thinks hes incredible because he runs a forum. THAT PERSON
And you're obese.  bassir;

Quotewhats funny is that you seem to forget that image is everything these days.
So that makes it right?
Everyone else is doing it so why don't I?

Quotepeople are going to vote for obama because hes black. women might vote for mccain because he has a woman as a vp.
And your vote should be affected because of that?
QuoteAlthough you might overlook image because no one cares about yours ;]
What? Although I'm annoyed with Det, I don't think she's stupid.  However you're being a complete dumbass.

Quotei do have a reason, can you name a good african american leader we've had.
You're a fucking retard. Get the hell out of Serious Discussion.  Racism has no place in politics. If you're talking about "leaders" , MLK was one of the greatest Americans to live.  If you're talking about leaders in a political sense. Thurgood Marshall.  We haven't had many black leaders, so it's kind of hard to pick one.
QuoteI mean the only one i have to go off of is Kwame kilpatrick who, um, got sent to jail i believe. so clearly im a racist because i dont want a black leader when i've already seen another black leader make some pretty bad decisions
Because Ted Haggard, Eliot Spitzer, Bob Packwood, Ted Stevens, Richard Nixon, and plenty of other white politicians had their problems.

But yeah, go ahead and base your attacks on my personal problems and racism.

Kalahari Inkantation

November 01, 2008, 09:01:57 PM #208 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:15:34 PM by TECTRINKET
nice job wulphe goonish

also det about obama's little slip-up
[spoiler][youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mBi7d6e5KI[/youtube][/spoiler]

holy shits mccain called us all prisoners he's an idiot and doesn't deserve to be president :(

Also, I was unaware that we had any racists here.
dark skin=automatic idiot befuddlement

Ezloﺕ

is det banned too please tell me she was banned as well

anyway, how close do you think this election would be
:)

Go Up