April 24, 2024, 09:54:25 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Does true love actually exist?

Started by fox127, May 12, 2007, 02:11:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

fox127

Does it? Or is all this "love" truly only for the sole reason of reproduction and keeping the species we are alive?

Sorry, I'm bored and felt like asking a some what smart question  sweat;

Riosan

Well, there are those who think of marriage as only a way to be safe and have sex and not look like a pimp around other people. Personally, I believe they are the type of people who will never find true love. However, the people who don't have premarital sex and sincerely love the person they marry, they found true love.

I feel like writing a soap opera.  caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

Marriage=/=love.

Sex=/=love

Marriage=Nothing. It's merely something that supposedly bonds these people closer together in hopes they will develop a deeper love for each other. "True love" is possible, but it's pretty damn rare.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

Quote from: Lawlz on May 12, 2007, 02:37:56 PM
Marriage=/=love.

Sex===love

Marriage=Nothing. It's merely something that supposedly bonds these people closer together in hopes they will develop a deeper love for each other. "True love" is possible, but it's pretty damn rare.
Fix'd.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Samus Aran

Marriage=/=love.

Sex=/=love

This is true. Marriage and sex aren't necessary at all for love. Not saying that I won't do both of those things with the girl I love, though.

And yes, I think true love is possible. Whether or not it's what I've got I cannot say.

reeper

Love + Sex = More love
I've already talked about this with someone else but there is proof of chemical changes after sex between the who people.

Love = Sex
This isn't always true though...

Lust ≠ Sex
Obviously, thats why they call it "lust" and not "love"

I wish I had the thing I wrote up but my friend deleted it gonk;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Reaper on May 12, 2007, 03:38:43 PM
Love + Sex = More love
I've already talked about this with someone else but there is proof of chemical changes after sex between the who people.

Yes, definitely. Sex is one of the ultimate expressions of love when done with someone you truly love. It's not just sex, it's making love. SWEET, HOT LOVE.

FAMY2

I think it does. The act of marriage is supposed to make people think before they give up on a relationship.  At least that is what I was taught. It should be harder to end a legal relationship then one you can just walk away from.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Clair on May 12, 2007, 09:07:34 PM
I think it does. The act of marriage is supposed to make people think before they give up on a relationship.  At least that is what I was taught. It should be harder to end a legal relationship then one you can just walk away from.
Because the bitch gets rich and the poor man loses everything.

LCK

I believe that true love does exist, but it's very rare. Especially these days.
Marriage, can be good or bad. If it really is true love, it should pan out well.
If it's not true love, there are two scenarios.
One: The couple will end up getting divorced. And that will most likely have some effects on any children.
Two: The couple will stay together just because of children or something. The couple may go through life and figure out that they soon despise each other. That would suck.

Overall, I don't see marriage as a good choice.

Sex can go either way, also. It can complicate a relationship, or it can strenghten it.
If you truly love some one, and you engage in sexual activities, it'll be much better than some sort of one night stand.
If you just have sex with a friend that you thought you had feelings for, that could go and end your whole friendship if you realize that you don't love each other.

Most "love" in our society is not true love.
I find it pretty sad that the majority of married couples don't stay together. There are so many divorces these days. People are abusing the marital system. They treat it as if it's not important at all.

Last I knew, marriage was supposed to be a lifelong commitment. It's said how it seen now.

Oh ya, true love. It exists, but it's rarely seen it today's society. Most people are blinded by other things.

Assholes.

heltar

Marriage=/=love.

Sex=/=love

I would want to get married merely for the benefits of it. Life is a lot easier when you're married.

metal eyeball

Quote from: fox127 on May 12, 2007, 02:11:10 PM
Does it? Or is all this "love" truly only for the sole reason of reproduction and keeping the species we are alive?

First, somewhat is one word. And second, if you believe in true love you're too soft.

fox127

Quote from: metal eyeball on May 13, 2007, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: fox127 on May 12, 2007, 02:11:10 PM

First, somewhat is one word. And second, if you believe in true love you're too soft.
I'm needy as well educate;

Go Up