April 19, 2024, 04:42:12 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Divorce =(

Started by wawi, January 16, 2008, 06:17:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wawi

About a week ago my mom sat down my brother and I and told us that my mom and dad are going to divorce. She was telling us that pretty much the only reason they're still togethor is for us, the kids. She said once we move out or go to college they're going to more than likely get one. She also told us how my dad got an attorney a while back and was ready for the divorce. Its not like I knew things were alright. My dad always came home late and sometimes never came home from work. (He owns a banquet) I mean sure, my dad is a good guy and so is my mom. I just wish if they are going to splitt hat they'd do it and don't think they can't because of my brother and I. It makes me feel like a distraction. I'd rather have them seperated and nice to eachother then fighting and mad at eachother. My dad has been sleeping downstairs on the couch for the longest time anyway.  edumacate;

I know some of you here have divorced parents. How did it work out? Were things better or worse after the split?

Albel The Wicked

My parents got a divorce when i was a one year old.  I think its better this way.  We would probably not have as much money now.

wawi

Quote from: Caz on January 16, 2008, 06:21:52 PM
My parents got a divorce when i was a one year old.  I think its better this way.  We would probably not have as much money now.

Well I don't really care about if we make more money to tell you the truth :P

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: W4W1 on January 16, 2008, 06:23:21 PM
Well I don't really care about if we make more money to tell you the truth :P
Sux to be you then.

Well, a divorce doesnt necessarily mean more money.

The divorce between my mom and dad set a series of events that led us to have more money now for both my mom and dad.

I actually never lived with them together and dont know what it feels like to live with them together. The fact that they split is not important to me. 

Houdini

My parents got a divorce this year, which is great because they're a lot happier now.

Daddy

My "father" walked out when I was two.  baddood;

My stepfather(who I usually just refer to as my father when I post) raised me.  My mother and he got divorced around the same time as my graduation from high school.  I live with him right now.  doodthing;

wawi

Quote from: Houdini on January 16, 2008, 06:29:49 PM
My parents got a divorce this year, which is great because they're a lot happier now.

Thats the thing. I feel like telling them to just do it. If they just wait for us it feels like the kids are just obstacles. I'd rather see them happy then together to tell you the truth

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: JMV290 on January 16, 2008, 06:34:06 PM

My stepfather(who I usually just refer to as my father when I post) raised me.  My mother and he got divorced around the same time as my graduation from high school.  I live with him right now.  doodthing;
Thats pretty weird.

You still talk to your mom right?

Daddy

Quote from: Caz on January 16, 2008, 06:35:35 PM
Thats pretty weird.

You still talk to your mom right?
some times.

she's mean to me.

wawi

Quote from: JMV290 on January 16, 2008, 06:34:06 PM

I know, I just read your post about it and decided I should post it. I agree withy ou on how parents shouldn't be determined by genetics or however it was worded, I forgot. >.<

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: JMV290 on January 16, 2008, 06:35:57 PM
some times.

she's mean to me.
Like mean the way parents are sometimes, or really mean?

Daddy

Quote from: Caz on January 16, 2008, 06:38:19 PM
Like mean the way parents are sometimes, or really mean?
in between. 
She didn't talk to me for almost a month.   doodthing;

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: JMV290 on January 16, 2008, 06:41:31 PM
in between. 
She didn't talk to me for almost a month.   doodthing;
Did she like stop caring about you? gonk;

Daddy

Quote from: Caz on January 16, 2008, 06:43:56 PM
Did she like stop caring about you? gonk;

I told her to shut up and hung up on her.

Albel The Wicked

Go Up