April 18, 2024, 05:53:31 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

C.Mongler

i never played beyond, but i tried to push heavy rain as far as i could with the 'ITS YOUR STORY, YOUR CHOICES' schtick by not actually reacting or playing the game unless i absolutely had to to make the game progress and it made the game play out like ass frankly lol

Nyerp

ok i replayed the last chapter and got the best ending and returned the game to redbox and deleted it off my console

TooB

You know, I've made this observation before...
About how people will pan Cage and his games, but then go right ahead and play his newest.

It's a bit funny

Kalahari Inkantation

i think the ones who play them while panning them are playing for the 'so bad it's good' factor lol

Samus Aran

so i started mirror's edge catalyst. and...i guess i'm in that magical minority once again, because i'm really enjoying it a lot lol

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 20, 2018, 03:52:06 PM
i think the ones who play them while panning them are playing for the 'so bad it's good' factor lol
yeah, but most examples I see don't say, so bad it's good.... just so bad.

TooB

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on June 20, 2018, 04:34:29 PM
so i started mirror's edge catalyst. and...i guess i'm in that magical minority once again, because i'm really enjoying it a lot lol

I might play it when you're done then

Samus Aran

i just finished it. the story, at least. i will probably keep playing it to at least do all the time trials, but i don't think i'll want to do EVERYTHING in this game...some of it's pretty pointless. open world games always gotta have mindless collectibles that mean nothing, i guess. the "grid leaks" in this case.

honestly, the original game was better. catalyst is a decent game, but...it has the same problems as the first game (for the most part), while adding new ones. while the core gameplay is still fun as fuck, it's just...man, did DICE learn nothing from the lukewarm reception of the first game? it's still got a mediocre story, generic characters, bad combat, bad enemy AI, and weird pacing. and the move to open world doesn't help, it actually just adds more issues and i really don't understand the point of that decision at all. it offers no real benefits, so even if the additional problems it causes are small, it's still negative overall.

i love mirror's edge, but i've only ever loved the original game because of the core gameplay. that and that alone. so because that's still there, i had a lot of fun with this. but i could not in good conscience call it a truly good game.

it is, just as the original was, a "wait until it's dirt cheap" game. but i really don't think it offers anything over the original.

Nyerp

mega man 10 wasn't as frustrating. looks like they learned their lesson after 9 ;)

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 24, 2018, 01:02:27 AM
mega man 10 wasn't as frustrating. looks like they learned their lesson after 9 ;)
are you playing on easy mode?

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on June 24, 2018, 05:26:33 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on June 24, 2018, 01:02:27 AM
are you playing on easy mode?

no akudood;

the wily levels were pretty insane but they always are. most of the robot master stages were pretty fair, except for commando man's stage (obligatory pit traps that i loathe) and that awful miniboss (x2) in strike man's stage

TooB

I guess I would just have to disagree with you on 10 being more fair.

wawi

i bought myself a switch with splatoon 2 and super mario odyssey

Thyme

Quote from: wawi on June 29, 2018, 03:49:01 PM
i bought myself a switch with splatoon 2 and super mario odyssey

nice, enjoy baddood;

wawi

Go Up