April 18, 2024, 02:06:46 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

if you like classic castlevania then you should be playing bloodstained: curse of the moon right now

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 16, 2018, 03:27:33 PM
if you like classic castlevania then you should be playing bloodstained: curse of the moon right now
and with this statement, I hope the main Bloodstained game will be mentioned positively in relation to Symphony.

C.Mongler

yea i need to pick it up but i have too much shit on the docket right now

also i have gotten into quake champions somehow which isnt helping  god dammit lol

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 18, 2018, 05:21:25 AM
also i have gotten into quake champions somehow which isnt helping  god dammit lol

yo is that good? i've always wanted to get into a quake game but they always look too ~hardcore~

6M69I69B9

havent posted here in a while, but i have purchased:

new mystery of the fire emblem (fe12) that's been translated and dl'd onto a ds cart
ghost trick
majora's mask for 3ds
sm odyssy (ehh only started recently and dont wanna come back to it until im done with fe12)
splatoon 2 (mostly for my brother)

only playing majora's mask bc i like playing games of characters i play in smash or will play
it's also the only reason why i played mgs3 on the 3ds years ago lol
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

the other day i got the new god of war and the new mirror's edge

hoping that i'll like the latter more than most people do...sort of like how i love the original mirror's edge but most people think it's just ok. but obviously my hopes aren't high at all lmao

C.Mongler

Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 18, 2018, 05:27:44 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 18, 2018, 05:21:25 AM

yo is that good? i've always wanted to get into a quake game but they always look too ~hardcore~

i don't know how it's progressed since it first launched, but in it's current state it's quite fun. bethesda just said they are going to keep it open and free for another week so i'd say at least smash the 'play now' button in steam if you have any interest. it will be fully F2P when it launches, whenever that ends up being, but it's semi-barred and requires purchasing the champions pack while it's in early access to play it otherwise. BUT if you hop in before the week ends you will retain access to play when they close it to the public again. that said, grabbing it this week does only give you the free version which only comes with the Ranger champion (and I think one other guy maybe if you do the tutorial? can't remember who lol), however that's totally a viable way to play. Ranger is a super balanced, all-levels champ, and having played for a few hours now and tried all the Champs in the game (i decided to bit the bullet and spend $20 on the champion pack lel), he's still definitely in my top 3 favorites.

but YA it's different than Quake 3 because there are classes (champions) in this version lol. the OMG THEY ARE RUINING QUAKE AND COPYING OVERWATCH!!!! reaction when this game was first launched is entirely overblown tbh. i thought the same thing, but that's really not the case; this game is nothing like Overwatch at all lol. Basically every champion has a different weight class which determines their base stats, and then every champ has a passive attribute(s) that typically range from giving them a speed or momvement bonus of some kind or a resistance to a certain damage type, and then each champ also has a single unique active ability that they can use with a long ass cooldown. that's it. otherwise it is entirely still quake. no matter what champ you pick you will still be bunny hopping around the map, collecting weapons and health/armor pickups, and trying to gib as many dudes as possible. it absolutely is not a class-based shooter like Overwatch. as far as I can tell, there's no such thing as a "team comp", and while I'm sure there are some slight balancing issues at higher levels of play to consider, your champion picks really only need to be whatever your comfortable playing at the moment.

but yeah, it is still P hardcore, BUT it is pretty simple to pick up and get ~the gist~. and right now is a decent time to do so because there's a fuck ton of noobs playing. that said, you'll still run into dudes who have been playing this shit for the better part of 20 years who will absolutely destroy you. which can be fun because then you can learn and get better

if ya wanna play lemme know my dude it's deff gonna be my flavor of the next few weeks at least lol

i will say the game has annoying F2P shit out  THE ASS like constant fucking lootboxes everywhere for literally everything in the entire game, but if you are a normal person and don't care about that it's not hard to ignore

C.Mongler

quake champions mostly just makes me sad tho because im far more an Unreal Tournament kind of guy, and the extreme success of Fortnite basically ensures that Epic are never going to give Unreal Tournament (4) the love and attention it deserves/needs cry;

Samus Aran

Nyerp

rented david cage's latest """"masterpiece"""" DETROIT BECOME HUMAN and rushed through it in 3 days

[spoiler]connor and markus succeeded but i fucked up in the very last chapter and got kara killed at the border :'([/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

did you enjoy the heavy-handed allegory and cheesy drama y/n

Nyerp

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on June 19, 2018, 11:25:58 PM
did u like it

it's not a great game or a well-written story of course, but i enjoyed most of it (except for markus' boring sections or his...entire character)
Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 19, 2018, 11:26:37 PM
did you enjoy the heavy-handed allegory and cheesy drama y/n

yes lol. definitely worth a playthrough if you enjoy chuckling at weird garbage like heavy rain and beyond two souls. though it's not QUITE as dumb as those games

TooB

June 20, 2018, 12:49:04 AM #20323 Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:57:30 AM by Big Goop
Heavy Rain is the best one

Honestly, for all its quirks about it, of which there are only truly a few, most of the dislike for this game is blown outta proportion, I genuinely love Heavy Rain.

Kalahari Inkantation

June 20, 2018, 04:53:21 AM #20324 Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:31:29 AM by Magyarorszag
i think the general consensus is that beyoncé's two souls is the most embarrassing one

heavy rain is mostly passable, and from what i hear, so is detroit

Go Up