March 28, 2024, 01:54:32 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

wHy On EaRtH dId I bUy A fIgHtInG gAmE

TooB

wawi

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alexis on February 11, 2018, 11:03:00 AM
i just beat darker side in odyssey

i almost rage-quit lol but this game is good at making you want to try again

after the fact, it's not even that hard, it's just long and discouraging befuddlement

i think it's honestly pretty easy until you get to the part with the constantly-spawning little fuzzy guys while you ride the moving platform, but even that part isn't too bad if you just resist the urge to use the beam thingies, you don't really need them and they're honestly more of a hazard than a help lol. and i'm really bad at using the poky beak bird so that part was hell for me too

all in all tho yeah it's not too bad, certainly not even close to as hard as smg2's "the perfect run" level

Nyerp

oh fuck, demon's souls' online is getting shut down in like an hour and i never really messed with it :(

Hiro

Nyerp

managed to get 2 successful invasions and a co-op adjudicator fight in before the end, R.I.P.

wawi

i have 17 hrs so far in vermintide 2 betas

C.Mongler

is it funzo, how does it compare to the first? i liked vermintide one, tho i didnt play a ton of it, my biggest problem was that it seemed like if you or your buds fucked up basically at all you were fucked and would die. game was v tuff especially compared to l4d but idk i only played like 5 hours of it lol

Nyerp

played and beat prey (2017) over the last week. also started kingdom hearts bbs final mix on proud mode and boy are the boss fights awful.

also got megaman legends 1 from ebay and it's scratched to hell (the intro monologue got cut off towards the end) so i'm wondering if i should keep it or return it :\

Samus Aran

the other day i bought a fuckin pc engine duo-r. as well as bomberman 94 for it.

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 12, 2018, 10:03:36 PM
played and beat prey (2017) over the last week. also started kingdom hearts bbs final mix on proud mode and boy are the boss fights awful.

also got megaman legends 1 from ebay and it's scratched to hell (the intro monologue got cut off towards the end) so i'm wondering if i should keep it or return it :\
boss fights awful, cuz it's proud mode, or in general?
Cuz I like the bosses in that more than the others, for the most part

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on March 12, 2018, 10:57:58 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on March 12, 2018, 10:03:36 PM

boss fights awful, cuz it's proud mode, or in general?
Cuz I like the bosses in that more than the others, for the most part

none of the humanoid bosses have consistent stagger, so they'll take 2 of your hits and then either take a 3rd hit, counter your next attack, or instantly start their own combo which will conveniently stagger you until you're dead. you have to rely on spamming specific commands, counterattacks, or shotlocks to do any damage. it feels like clunky garbage tbh. i've only played through terra's route and part of ventus', but eraqus, terra-xehanort, and vanitas were just no fun to fight at all. dream drop had these same problems towards the end.

YPrrrr

I can't even stand fighting the fat heartless things on proud mode so you're a better man than I

I'm way too impatient

Thyme

Go Up