April 24, 2024, 01:52:45 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Thyme

did you soldier on or did you watch a playthrough of the last level or smth?

Nyerp

i beat the game myself AND i beat most of ur scores my dude bassir;

[spoiler]plz dont unfriend me on psn[/spoiler]

Thyme

oh dude i suck at video games that's no secret

this is part of why i don't play multiplayer/competitively girl;

Nyerp

how do you feel about thumper's difficulty? i don't play many rhythm games, so i had trouble getting into this game's "music," which led me to rely on more on visual cues and it was really hard. i don't think i've seen another rhythm game that deliberately tries to obscure its visual cues as much as this one. idk i just suck too

Thyme

oh yeah, during the segments where you're not inside a tunnel i would just try to look far in front to spot incoming curves that would invariably become red walls

and inside tunnels i would just turn the other way immediately after hitting a wall, just in case they try to pull that shit

or i'd just end up learning the segment by heart really

in the later levels i didn't care about the score at all, i would just try to survive

i did really get into the music tho, but i'm not sure it helped all that much tbh

Nyerp

hmm. despite its flaws, it's still a really cool, unique game. i just wish i could see what i was doing in it lol. and maybe the music could be a little more varied.

Nyerp

beat knack. the gameplay was decent. but it was missing like 2 or 3 mechanics to keep the combat fresh for the whole 10+ hours of playtime.

the story and characters, however, are close to being complete garbage. it's like a dry, humorless dreamworks movie that takes itself too seriously and is full of cliches. if they wanted knack to be something like a new sony mascot, why did they give almost no character besides "tough guy" bodyguard? idk this is useless, everyone else talked about this 4 years ago lol

i'm interested in playing knack 2 because it seems like they added in those 2-3 mechanics. and i'm morbidly curious to see if they were able to salvage the story and characters at all.

C.Mongler

im 2 hours into knack 2 and i can tell you no, they did fucking not salvage anything for the story lol. knack doesn't even like fucking talk at all

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

I downloaded and finished Doki Doki Literature Club

a VN by Dan Salvato of Smash mod fame

It's pretty great.

if you want to check it out it's free to download http://ddlc.moe/
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

I bought Ys VIII because Im a sucker for Falcom

Also because Ys is fantastic
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

reeper

bought samus returns last week, beat it today.

preordered merio and doom. yay switch games

Nyerp

so apparently they're shutting down gravity rush 2's online features in january, just 1 year after the game's release

said online features were required to get certain in-game items and costumes

what the fuck sony goonish

TooB

TooB

Go Up