April 23, 2024, 07:54:16 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

i just finished the last side mission and got gold on all the challenge missions in gravity rush 2. i think i'd like the game a lot more if i didn't do that.

TooB

I picked back up Digimon Cyber Slueth

This is a cool game

Nyerp

Quote from: Nyerp on May 25, 2017, 09:14:28 PM
i just finished the last side mission and got gold on all the challenge missions in gravity rush 2. i think i'd like the game a lot more if i didn't do that.

beat it. i counted 4 times where i had to either kill myself or forcibly quit the game in order to progress. that's 4 points off my score of the game, 6/10 lmao!!!

Nyerp

May 27, 2017, 02:15:14 AM #19713 Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:26:25 AM by Nyerp
2 times were finishing moves not activating until i killed myself, 2 were the game getting stuck on a black screen until i forcibly quit it. i don't know why it kept happening, but it was enough to annoy me!

also the side missions were boring as hell and the game's story was like 3 rushed plots all mashed into one incoherent mess so yeah 6/10

looking back, i think i gave the first game the same score. they have a solid concept in these games but it gets bogged down so hard by endless text boxes and tacked-on stealth mechanics.

TooB

Nyerp, are you like Kaz, running into glitches that nobody else does in your games?

Nyerp

if only i could be as (un)lucky as [[[Lord Kazm]]]

wawi

started playing stardew valley. it's a very relaxing and cozy game

TooB

I think I'm getting Tekken 7. Who wants to fight?

strongbad

got broforce and played through maybe half of it with a friend

surprisingly good game. was expecting a contra clone but it keeps things interesting with all the different characters and the 100% destructible environment. only fun if you play on hard though otherwise you just steamroll through shit. of course hella glitches especially with multiplayer but it is also a $15 indie game so whatever

Nyerp

has anyone else played kingdom hearts dream drop distance? what's with the ridiculous difficulty spike in the last level?

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 03, 2017, 11:47:02 AM
has anyone else played kingdom hearts dream drop distance? what's with the ridiculous difficulty spike in the last level?
idk. I thought it was weird too

Nyerp

had to exit from the second ansem fight as riku to give myself better commands and dream eaters and maybe grind if i really have to (i've never run from a single battle in this game so i really SHOULDN'T fucking have to)

if the game makes me fight the black coat guy again i'm gonna throw it in the fucking trash

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 03, 2017, 04:11:32 PM
had to exit from the second ansem fight as riku to give myself better commands and dream eaters and maybe grind if i really have to (i've never run from a single battle in this game so i really SHOULDN'T fucking have to)

if the game makes me fight the black coat guy again i'm gonna throw it in the fucking trash
black coat guy is what kingdom hearts is. I guess in the trash it goes.

Nyerp

Nyerp

beat dream drop distance. flowmotion made the game feel fresh and fun at first, but sadly square-enix also has some really bad gimmick ideas to force down your throat: dream eaters and the drop system. dream eaters seem okay until you realize just how little they actual help you in battle, and how the game ties your character progression to creating new spirits is awful considering how useless they are. i can't think of a single reason to explain the drop system's existence other than to just be an annoying meter to constantly worry about. it's bizarre, infuriating when you drop mid-boss battle, and accomplishes absolutely nothing. also whoever designed the boss fights needs to be fucking shot. especially the anti black coat nightmare, AKA rng the boss. (and yes, i did have to fight him again to get back to ansem akudood;)

not sure how i think about this game in terms of comparing it to other kh games, but at least it's not chain of memories!!

Go Up