March 28, 2024, 01:39:12 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kalahari Inkantation

rofl

To be fair, being able to eat more djunk without ballooning is as good a reason for exercising as any. srs

YPrrrr

I preordered Assassins Creed

Sorry fellow gamers

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 27, 2018, 07:55:40 AMI preordered Assassins Creed

Sorry fellow gamers

for the same reason i did, i presume

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 27, 2018, 08:04:26 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 27, 2018, 07:55:40 AMI preordered Assassins Creed

Sorry fellow gamers

for the same reason i did, i presume

mostly because I love ancient history and AC Origins was awesome

But yes I will be playing the female assassin  n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

August 27, 2018, 08:18:17 AM #20494 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:21:21 AM by Magyarorszag
the premise of assassin's creed is legitimately pretty great and the games themselves aren't bad when they aren't bad

it's just that there's an abundance of mediocre ac titles that drag the series average down lol

there should only be like 5 ac games by now at max, instead we're approaching number 11, and that's not even including the endless spinoffs

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 27, 2018, 08:14:22 AMBut yes I will be playing the female assassin  n_u

she really is the only choice lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 27, 2018, 08:18:17 AMthe premise of assassin's creed is legitimately pretty great and the games themselves aren't bad when they aren't bad

it's just that there's an abundance of mediocre ac titles that drag the series average down lol

there should only be like 5 ac games by now at max, instead we're approaching number 11

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 27, 2018, 08:14:22 AMBut yes I will be playing the female assassin  n_u

she really is the only choice lol
etely agree. And if they had just gotten rid of the modern animus plotline it would probably be legitimately one of my favorite game series of all time.

Although Ive only really played significant chunks of 2, 4, and Origins.

1 and 3 were kind of boring and I didn't have much interest in England or France (or any of the offshoot games)

Kalahari Inkantation

full disclosure i've still only played ac 1 lol sillydood;

and that game is certainly rough around the edges but i could still see/feel its potential

my plan: play 2, brotherhood, 3, black flag, origins, and comfortably ignore all the others y/n

and well odyssey if it scores 84+ on metacritic i guess lol

YPrrrr

Oh lol I thought 1 was really boring but if you enjoyed it at all almost every other game in the series will seem incredible by comparison

C.Mongler

i bought origins because i heard it'd be up my alley but i've yet to dig into it.

AC4 was really fuckin' fun but i never beat it.

Other than that I've only ever played 1 & 2 lol. 1 I got bored of real fast, and 2 was neat for a while but Desmond annoyed the fuck outta me so i got tired of it too

Kalahari Inkantation

ac 1 was okay but its gameplay is seriously wonky and it feels like there's a lot of extra side junk that seems like completely meaningless 'collect a bunch of crap' time wasters

i'm not even sure what the rewards are for those sidequests

i have heard great things some of the subsequent games, and the highest metacritic-scoring few among them are probably the only ones i'll play lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 27, 2018, 08:41:45 AMi bought origins because i heard it'd be up my alley but i've yet to dig into it.

AC4 was really fuckin' fun but i never beat it.

Other than that I've only ever played 1 & 2 lol. 1 I got bored of real fast, and 2 was neat for a while but Desmond annoyed the fuck outta me so i got tired of it too
Oh I played AC2 in Italian so maybe that helped me not be annoyed by the characters so much

Thyme

i only played 2 and like half of brotherhood before i got tired with the pc version's issues (at least with my pc)

i own black flag, still haven't played it yet after like 3 years lmao

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i beat BotW.

While i think I have some of the gripes that many others had (rehashed enemies, shrines aren't the best replacement for dungeons, music isn't as notable) I think BotW is a rad game and lives up to the hype of "Essential Switch Title".

Calamity Ganon is pretty lame and was too easy imo. Though i made it a point to complete every shrine, collect the master sword/hylian shield, and fully upgrade some armor pieces i knew i was going to wear. I had already figured out he was going to be some kind of combination of the Ganon's you fight in the Divine Beast. Couple that with the fact that half is HP is depleted at the start of the fight (if you do all the divine beast quests) makes it a letdown. The Beast Ganon fight was pretty fun despite the fact that Ganon's AI is completely retarded and doesn't even make an effort to aim it's attacks at you.

I can't say I'm eager to complete the quests I missed (something to the tune of 17? Also I missed triggering 5 Shrine Quests so I'd have to find those too) and I'm even less interested in trying to complete the koroks or upgrading all my armor. It's unfortunate that BotW has the same problem as nearly every Open World game out there....I don't want to play the damn thing after I'm done with it. Maybe sometime next year I'll break out my copy and try to finish the stuff i missed.

But for things it did right...combat was really fun. Being able to climb almost any surface is goofy as shit and I love it. There were quite a few characters i really enjoyed (Accordion Bird, Korok Maraca, The Gorons as a whole, almost everyone involved inthe Tarrytown quest), and I really enjoyed the ending, what with Link right beside Zelda as Zelda plans to restore Hyrule (why there isn't post game content that explored the restoration of Hyrule is beyond me.....)

8/10

Go Up