April 24, 2024, 09:58:50 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Etrian Odyssey

Started by reeper, October 13, 2007, 12:28:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Holy crap this game is badass. Saw it for $22 and snagged it after seeing the price of it on eBay recently. I can see a lot of grinding in the future of this game but as long as there are warp points because this walking bullshit is slow.

Infel

reeper

Quote from: Sinbad on October 13, 2007, 12:32:16 PM
Hold on.

Oh god yes, this is the orange fuzzy thing game?

Games pretty hard actually, lots of grinding ahead.

Infel

I borrowed my friend's copy, and it didn't make a lick of sense because I was playing his premade file. He didn't have a TRoubadour, so I made one, and his name is Joey. He then made another character and named is SBKT. Currently SBKT is the strongest one because he hacked it.

reeper

Quote from: Sinbad on October 13, 2007, 12:38:02 PM
I borrowed my friend's copy, and it didn't make a lick of sense because I was playing his premade file. He didn't have a TRoubadour, so I made one, and his name is Joey. He then made another character and named is SBKT. Currently SBKT is the strongest one because he hacked it.
Why would you hack it?  psyduck;

Infel

Quote from: reefer on October 13, 2007, 12:53:04 PM
Why would you hack it?  psyduck;
He hacked it, not me. HE then had his dog eat the AR. I was there, and I was happy. I hate hackers.

reeper

Also I named my party after people at Boyah because I'm uncreative.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on October 13, 2007, 01:00:59 PM
Also I named my party after people at Boyah because I'm uncreative.
hoo am i

ALSO, SHOULD I BUY THIS?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on October 13, 2007, 01:02:45 PM
hoo am i

ALSO, SHOULD I BUY THIS?
It's an RPG, I like it. Look it up on Youtube because it's kinda weird. More of that old first person RPG feel from the Apple 2 era.

You're a medic. And the game is semi-expensive now, Gamestop sells it for $24 but eBay's  normal price of the game is going up. Saw it sell for $30 recently.

BSS

First off, wtf was that video? Hilarious. Especially the deer part, considering the first FOE is a deer and it will probably kick your ass.

I've had Etrian Odyssey since launch, and I'm only on the 13th floor, or something around there. It's a fun game, but it is really hard to bring myself to play it. When I can force myself to put down my other DS games and play Etrian Odyssey, I have fun with the game, but there is just no motivation to keep playing.

Go down a floor, chart part of the map, run away and sleep, go alllll the way back to the floor, chart some more of the map, run away and sleep, repeat. The battles are fun and the sheer sense of accomplishment after taking down a particularly hard FOE or seeing your completely charted floors of the dungeon justify a purchase (especially at 20 something bucks) but only if you are really serious about RPG's and don't mind the almost complete lack of story.
tbtf

reeper

Quote from: BSS on October 13, 2007, 08:25:13 PM
First off, wtf was that video? Hilarious. Especially the deer part, considering the first FOE is a deer and it will probably kick your ass.

I've had Etrian Odyssey since launch, and I'm only on the 13th floor, or something around there. It's a fun game, but it is really hard to bring myself to play it. When I can force myself to put down my other DS games and play Etrian Odyssey, I have fun with the game, but there is just no motivation to keep playing.

Go down a floor, chart part of the map, run away and sleep, go alllll the way back to the floor, chart some more of the map, run away and sleep, repeat. The battles are fun and the sheer sense of accomplishment after taking down a particularly hard FOE or seeing your completely charted floors of the dungeon justify a purchase (especially at 20 something bucks) but only if you are really serious about RPG's and don't mind the almost complete lack of story.
Never follow most any video games story. Didn't mind the crappy story that was almost invisible. Why didn't they put some kind of warp zone... as far as I know there aren't any.

Infel

Quote from: BSS on October 13, 2007, 08:25:13 PM

If you only discovered the video now, then... Have you been living under a rock?

Go Up