March 28, 2024, 02:13:28 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Non-Smoking Areas

Started by Sam, October 12, 2007, 01:28:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

Quote from: Nyerp on October 13, 2007, 07:23:05 AM
Some shitty habits make big $, and the people that are profiting from them would turn the world into smokers and drinkers if it meant more $.

These industries need to be somehow shut down, and getting rid of smoking areas is one small step towards a no-addict future. spam;

It's almost humorous how much shit we've put the tobacco companies through and how much profit they're still making. I agree that they should really be shut down. Not because cigarettes are addictive, just because they're extremely dangerous. Then again, we all know how the prohibitions went. Would it really work? Help, sure, but it could even cause more problems.

And this is a little off the discussion, but I don't think alcohol is anywhere near as bad as cigarettes/cigars/tobacco; used in moderation, there is very little danger (except that of bad judgement).
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Nyerp

Quote from: Pinkkkkkkkkkkk on October 13, 2007, 07:34:59 AM
It's almost humorous how much shit we've put the tobacco companies through and how much profit they're still making. I agree that they should really be shut down. Not because cigarettes are addictive, just because they're extremely dangerous. Then again, we all know how the prohibitions went. Would it really work? Help, sure, but it could even cause more problems.

And this is a little off the discussion, but I don't think alcohol is anywhere near as bad as cigarettes/cigars/tobacco; used in moderation, there is very little danger (except that of bad judgement).

why would a whole bunch of people start smoking if it were prohibited? psyduck;

i know alcohol isn't as "bad" (even though it is spam; ) it causes car crashes lots and lots of them and we don't need that

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Pinkkkkkkkkkkk on October 13, 2007, 07:34:59 AM

It's easier to crack down on smoking than it is to prevent people from drinking alcohol.

A person could be walking down the street with a Mountain Dew bottle filled with beer. It's impossible to tell what it is unless you go up and sniff or drink it. If you see a puff of smoke coming out of a person's mouth, you know exactly what they are doing. I don't give a damn if they do it on their own property; they just shouldn't do it anywhere besides that, or around children.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Infel

I had to live with smoking parents. I got my mother to stop but my dad smoked to his death. I call him a stupid shit for it, still.

I can't be around smoke or my airways close up, and then I need to get coffee to get them to relax, which is why I always carry around a mug in a bag and a thermos and shit. IT's really helpful, but it doesn't help the horrid smell either. being an autistic is also introducing like, hypersensitivity. I can smell the smoke on anyone from pretty much anywhere, and I usually give them major shit. I got punched in the face for grabbing some guy's cigarette and putting it out on my ass.

But yeah, I don't think they can eliminate every single smoking area. It's impossible, and even if you did, there's the homes, and where it pushes other people to. To get it to be effective, we'd need a change in who runs the government. The NPD keeps fucking with our province's funding, DIRECTLY sENDING IT OVERSEAS, instead of treating the horrible wage and tax problems we got here. Man..

But, it's useless as we are now to eliminate every single smoking area. If we do a few, it should be good, though.

Sam

Quote from: Nyerp on October 13, 2007, 07:39:02 AM

i know alcohol isn't as "bad" (even though it is spam; ) it causes car crashes lots and lots of them and we don't need that

Oh, I'm not saying they'd start; but I am saying they wouldn't stop. It would just be throwing in a whole new black market.

Infel

Quote from: Nyerp on October 13, 2007, 07:39:02 AM
Everyone knows breaking the rules/law is the cool thing to do.

Though, according to that logic, I'm not cool at all. I need to go murder someone and become awesome.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Lawlz on October 12, 2007, 01:35:22 PM
Being in the south, going to any restaurant would be hell. The smoking sections were often larger than the non-smoking, and you could get hit with a cloud of smoke just by opening up the door. Hell, it's pretty bad when there's more smoke in a McDonald's than a bar.

It's a lot better now that the law has been passed, because I really can't be anywhere near smoke. If I'm around it for more than about 2 minutes, I often have the urge to vomit, and just getting a single puff in my face makes me want to throw up. Really, I just think smoking anywhere in public should be banned. Shitty habits that can harm everyone should be left in one's own home, and nowhere else.

also i probably feel worse for kids that have parents that smoke than anyone else because theyre stuck with it and cant do jack shit (probably one of the things that led zayna to start). I really think smoking with or near a child should just be considered abuse.
Just be glad Tennessee has a Smoking ban law
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

I haven't seen one in years.   Smoking inside restaurants has been illegal for quite a while in Massachusetts.

Selkie

I say make smoking illegal unless in your house, and no one else is in it unless the other person is a smoker themselves.

I don't give a shit if you want to get lung cancer, but I personally don't. I also don't feel like gagging on shit whenever I walk out the doors of the mall.

LCK

I'd love for the tobacco companies to just be shut down completely, but I don't really see that happening any time soon. There was a smoking ban put into effect in Minnesota at the beginning of October, which prohibits smoking in any public buildings. I guess it's a step in the right direction, but those bastards just have to take a step outside to get a puff, and it could still be harming innocent people around them.
I've always been against smoking, and I've always found it disgusting to have people smoking cigarettes while I'm eating my food. I'd rather taste the food, not the smoke. So I can easily say I'm happy about that smoking ban.
If people want to smoke, they can do it somewhere else. Lock those bastards in a god damn airtight room and let them smoke their fucking lungs out so they don't have to harm any unwilling smokers around them.

god dammit fuck
petpeeeeevveee

bleedingassassin

First off, if all public place had no smoking areas, then there would be less disease, lung cancer etc. >_> Second, people die from secondhand smoking. and Third, smoking pollute the environment. So I support the No-Smoking areas. There should be more of those.

Olimar_91

I honestly wasn't bothered much by the smoking section. I don't smoke, nor do I condone it, but I wasn't annoyed with their being a section for it. But like you mentioned, some are bothered by it, and I can see why laws are being made to eliminate it. I guess the idea behind it is that people who smoke are the minority, and it's unfair to appeal to them. That's just my thinking.

Feynman

Quote from: samsam on October 12, 2007, 01:37:45 PM
Uh.. I'm not sure I agree with this, just because of my own personal experience. My dad and grandma (who I lived with for quite some time) have been smokers all my life, and I certainly have no urge to smoke as a result of it.

By abuse he's not talking about the influence, he's talking about being breathed upon by the toxic mouthes of farting hogs. But It's okay, I'm sure they still love you even though they're breathing AIDS on your face.

Sam

Quote from: Bassir C. on November 24, 2007, 08:44:26 AM
By abuse he's not talking about the influence, he's talking about being breathed upon by the toxic mouthes of farting hogs. But It's okay, I'm sure they still love you even though they're breathing AIDS on your face.

Gee, thanks Bassir. :\

On a side note, my Grandma had a heart attack (which wasn't smoking related, it was her being a fatty related), and she hasn't smoked since. My dad still smokes, but only while his working so I never see it, I guess. Nobody has ever smoked in my house though, they always step out.

Go Up