What kind of Student do you plan on being this year?

Started by Title27GT, August 20, 2007, 02:44:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Claquesous

August 23, 2007, 09:50:04 PM #30 Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:00:47 PM by Claquesous
Well, I'm a procrastinator. I really want to stop doing that; it just makes it harder on me. I also don't study much. Most of the time I don't need to though. I just remember it...

My problems with school isn't the work, it's the people. I'm shy and don't make friends easily, which is what makes school hard for me.

Snorkel

I went into last year with that mindset, and it wore off in about a month. At the beginning of the year I wrote down all my assignments as they were assigned in class so I wouldn't forget them, had all my stuff organized nicely, and had perfect A's. Toward the middle of the second month that all went away, mostly because I stopped caring in about half of my classes. My religion class in particular (it was New Testament that semester)... I just stopped putting forth effort in class, stopped attempting to get work done on time. My grade in that class went down to a C at midterm, but I had it barely at a B by semester's end. By the end of the year the only classes I really cared about (i.e., put forth effort in) were English and Biology, probably because the teachers were actually smart people who I respected.

I don't think this year will be much different. That is, there will inevitably be a couple teachers who I despise, and I won't put forth effort in their classes. And there will be teachers I like, and I'll do well in those classes. I've never set out homework rules for myself, but I always get done what really needs to get done on time. Essays, projects, stuff like that. And I've never not gotten an A on an essay -- I usually get really into writing them, and stay up 'till 5-6am the night before they're due perfecting them.

Really my only rule for myself is to stay at or above a 3.7-8 GPA, and I've been pretty close to that throughout high school.

I'd say my biggest two problems are remembering what homework I have, and studying, although studying off text really does nothing for me; basically if I'm asleep during lectures (a likely scenario), I'll fail the quiz/test. OH WELL.  psyduck;

Go Up