April 15, 2024, 09:38:56 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The FDA, and natural cures

Started by Selkie, August 15, 2007, 06:25:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

What is your idea on the FDA bing corrupt?

There is a book I am reading, called Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About and it is written by a guy who has been there, heard and seen everything, and claims the FDA is run by corrupt money-hungry people.

I personally believe it all. And I never really take drugs, never have to. And I am thankful. My parents have all these pills lined up every day, I hate it. I never want to have to put thatr poison in my body.

The book basically explains how the FDA only allows a drug to be called a drug if they have made it, and how their drugs have side effects that will be major down the road, causing people to need to take more drugs, and more drugs, and so on.

So, what are your views?

musica.cards

Oh yeah, that can be very annoying and a big waste of money (on the long run), however, Penicillin and other drugs(?) aren't meant to have side-affects(sp?). 
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Houdini

guff

Quote from: Ripster on August 15, 2007, 06:25:59 AM
There is a book I am reading, called Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You to Know About...
HAHAHAHAHA OH MY FUCKING GOD GUFFAW GUFFAW HAHAHAHAHAHA

You're an idiot.  Just read up on the author if you want to know why.

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 15, 2007, 12:42:09 PM

Trudeau grew up in Lynn, Massachusetts, USA. He is the adopted son of Robert and Mary Trudeau. He attended St. Mary's High School, where he was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" by the class of 1981.[3][4]

OH FUCK. I'm from Lynn.  Dat dude is gangsta

Seriously though, here is a copypase from Wikipedia

1990: Larceny and prison

In 1990, Trudeau posed as a doctor in order to deposit $80,000 in false checks, and in 1991 he pled guilty to larceny after he had provided false information to obtain credit cards which he used for his own purposes. He spent two years in prison because of this conviction (Choi, 2005). In Natural Cures, Trudeau claims that he has learned from his experience, and that he is now motivated to help people rather than merely to make money for himself.

[edit]
1996: SEC

Trudeau rebounded, making a large sum of money working for Nutrition For Life,[6] a multi-level marketing program. However, in 1996, his recruitment practices were cited by the states of Illinois and Michigan, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Michigan forbade him from operating in the state.

[edit]
1998: FTC fine

In 1998, Trudeau was fined $500,000 to be used for consumer redress by the FTC, relating to six infomercials he had produced and in which the FTC determined he had made false or misleading claims. Trudeau says that this is evidence for his belief that the FTC is in partnership with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and pharmaceutical industries in denying people the right to freedom of health care for the sake of profit at the expense of U.S. citizens.

[edit]
2004: Contempt of court

In June 2003, the FTC filed a complaint in the Northern District of Illinois against Trudeau and some of his companies (Shop America (USA), LLC, Shop America Marketing Group, LLC, and Trustar Global Media, Limited), alleging that disease-related claims for Coral Calcium Supreme were false and unsubstantiated. In July 2003, Trudeau entered into a stipulated preliminary injunction that prohibited him from continuing to make the challenged claims for Coral Calcium Supreme and Biotape.

In the summer of 2004, the court found Trudeau in contempt of court for violating the preliminary injunction, because he had sent out a direct mail piece and produced an infomercial making prohibited claims. The court ordered Trudeau to cease all marketing for coral calcium products.

In September 2004, Trudeau agreed to pay $2 million ($500,000 in cash plus transfer of residential property located in Ojai, California, and a luxury vehicle) to settle charges that he falsely claimed that a coral calcium product can cure cancer and other serious diseases and that a purported analgesic called Biotape can permanently cure or relieve severe pain.[7][8]

[edit]
2005: Trudeau v. FTC

On February 28, 2005, Trudeau filed a complaint against the FTC in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, seeking declaratory and injunctive relief. Trudeau also filed a motion for preliminary injunction, which the court denied.

The complaint charged that the FTC had retaliated against him for his criticism of the agency by issuing a press release that falsely characterized and intentionally and deliberately misrepresented the 2004 Final Order. That conduct, Trudeau asserted, exceeded the FTC’s authority under 15 U.S.C. § 46(f) and violated the First Amendment. The Federal Trade Commission responded with a motion to dismiss the complaint for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(1), and for failure to state a claim for which relief can be granted under Rule 12(b)(6).

The district court granted the FTC’s motion to dismiss. First, the court concluded that it lacked subject-matter jurisdiction because the press release was not “a ‘final agency action’” under “section 704 of the [Administrative Procedure Act]”, 5 U.S.C. § 704. Second, the court held, “in the alternative, that Trudeau’s claims failed to state a viable cause of action as a matter of law.”

Trudeau later filed an appeal which resulted in the unsuccessful attempt to reverse the previous court's ruling.[9]

guff

Not to mention that the book references the reader to his web site on several occasions, which one has to pay for.

BUT HE'S FOR THE CONSUMER BELIEVE IN HIM
HE'S NOT JUST TRYING TO RIP-OFF THE GULLIBLE AND DOWNTRODDEN

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 15, 2007, 12:42:09 PM

A person that just shoves medicine down their throat thrice a day isn't any wiser.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on August 15, 2007, 01:37:36 PM
A person that just shoves medicine down their throat thrice a day isn't any wiser.
Really?  They're on the same level as a con-artist with no medical knowledge knowledge whatsoever (this makes him more effective, as the Agents have not yet gotten to him) playing on the fears and doubts of those in poor health?
Do you also believe in the Reptilians? psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 15, 2007, 01:54:52 PM
Really?  They're on the same level as a con-artist with no medical knowledge knowledge whatsoever (this makes him more effective, as the Agents have not yet gotten to him) playing on the fears and doubts of those in poor health?
Do you also believe in the Reptilians? psyduck;
Why yes, yes I do.

But of course, the risk of heart attack, stroke, and death with an everyday medication is much better than a monthly headache.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on August 15, 2007, 03:11:23 PM
But of course, the risk of heart attack, stroke, and death with an everyday medication is much better than a monthly headache.
Which prescription medicines treat monthly headaches?  And which of those can present those side-effects?
What side-effects have you experienced?

ps the risk of heart attack is ever-present

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 15, 2007, 04:56:58 PM
Which prescription medicines treat monthly headaches?  And which of those can present those side-effects?
What side-effects have you experienced?

ps the risk of heart attack is ever-present
fine arthritis

ps most people are pussies

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on August 15, 2007, 04:58:17 PM
fine arthritis

ps most people are pussies
Stop making unsupported claims.  Give actual examples.

ncba93ivyase

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on August 15, 2007, 05:11:12 PM
okay cool
Okay, cool.  2 million people took Vioxx.  How many died as a result of that?

let's ban cars too they kill and injure even more people

TheExAm

Natural Cures, oh god. This man was forbidden from selling any product by the courts after scamming millions. However, a book apparently doesn't count as a "product", and is therefore exempt, allowing him to escape untouched with more of people's money. He's on the same level as Peter Popoff and his "miracle spring water" that brings "divine transfers" of cash into people's accounts from GOD.

Go Up